The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
RobD360

Duck games on tv

Just posted in NHL thread but I really just care about the Duck games only sooo reposting here… 

How are all you going to watch the upcoming Ducks games on tv? Is it still only Prime? Or also ESPN 0-3, TNT and NBCSN? Hard to find something on internet with straight forward info on all channels playing certain games. Sling Blue package has all 3 of these (except ESPN+ And still no Prime). I had Sling until they lost Prime. I like Sling it’s cheaper than the rest. What info do you guys got? What streaming service will you watch on?

I would assume local channels will be on Bally Sports and KDOC. They usually announce the local tv schedules much closer to the start of the season. The ESPN+ feeds would be blacked-out on our end I believe--let me know if I'm wrong here. 

9 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

Games will be on Bally Spirts So Cal, Bally Sports West, ESPN, and TNT.  NBCSN no longer has hockey.

Thanks! I must be way out of the loop. Never heard of Bally Sports. Had to look it up. Good info. I appreciate it. 

I think Bally Sports is only available through DirecTV and Spectrum. Please educate me how to get it if I don't have either cable provider. 

4 minutes ago, dukitup said:

I think Bally Sports is only available through DirecTV and Spectrum. Please educate me how to get it if I don't have either cable provider. 

I don't think you can.  At that point, you'd need to get the Center Ice package, but I see you're in Huntington Beach, so Ducks games would be blacked out for you.  At that point, you're looking at internet streaming or using a VPN.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gorbachav55 said:

I don't think you can.  At that point, you'd need to get the Center Ice package, but I see you're in Huntington Beach, so Ducks games would be blacked out for you.  At that point, you're looking at internet streaming or using a VPN.

That's what I was afraid of. Did the streaming last year. Can be quite frustrating. I don't want to go through the hassle of changing cable providers, so I acknowledge this predicament is of my own choosing.

21 hours ago, RobD360 said:

How are all you going to watch the upcoming Ducks games on tv? Is it still only Prime? Or also ESPN 0-3, TNT and NBCSN? Hard to find something on internet with straight forward info on all channels playing certain games. Sling Blue package has all 3 of these (except ESPN+ And still no Prime). I had Sling until they lost Prime. I like Sling it’s cheaper than the rest. What info do you guys got? What streaming service will you watch on?

With a handle of prison grade pruno and a lobotomy kit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

With a handle of prison grade pruno and a lobotomy kit.

This, but also while constantly refreshing twitter to see if the Ducks have traded for Eichel yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissNoSeven said:

I live in Orange County.  So if I go back to the cord (Spectrum) will I get the Ducks games or will I be blacked out due to location?

If you live in Orange County and your cable provider carries Ballys Sports, you will get Ducks games.  I use DirecTV and can watch games on the Ballys Sports app on the FireCube or on the website.  I couldn't tell you for sure if Spectrum carries it.

28 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

This, but also while constantly refreshing twitter to see if the Ducks have traded for Eichel yet.

If you refuse to engage with Twitter as I do, there's no anesthetic, not even that mere glimmer of hope.  It's just poking sharp things in your eyes until Zegras gets on the ice.

I think Fox Sports became Bally Sport, no? Like a take over. I had the FS app and for a while it was a half/half split logo icon.

Edited by ike8228
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pazonator said:

I believe we got hockey tonight! Young guys take the ice at 5 and will be streamed online 

It’s about time, right!?!?
Looks like Zegras is on a line with Perrault and Tschergel tonight. power play 1 was Zegras, Drysdale, Perrault, Mctavish, and Groulx. Sounds deadly !

So this is potentially awful news:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-to-play-in-11-nationally-televised-broadcasts-during-2021-22-season/c-326184568

“ESPN and ESPN+/Hulu will exclusively broadcast eight Ducks games, including six contests at Honda Center. Anaheim will make its first appearance on ESPN during opening week, facing off against the Minnesota Wild on Friday, Oct. 15 (ESPN+/Hulu).“

If the bold is true, then 6 Ducks games will be locked behind the ESPN+ paywall, and not even local fans will get the game through their existing cable/satellite subscriptions on a local channel. I’m not sure if Hulu would stream the game live for free, but I’m guessing not. This would be the 1st time local fans would be locked out of watching their team play without forking over even more money on another subscription. 

I’ve been *bleeped* over ESPN for what they’ve been doing with ESPN+ for a few years now, but this takes the cake. I’ll have no moral issues at all pirating the stream to these games if they really are exclusive.

Edited by Spencer_12

Jesus 😳 that pass from Zegras to Mctavish for the goal was a heat seeking missile . I could get used to that for years to come . Wow

Yup had to log in to talk about that play.  Zegras looked off the defender and you can see McT opening up in the slot for the One-t and he drilled it. Beautiful power play move

11 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

So this is potentially awful news:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-to-play-in-11-nationally-televised-broadcasts-during-2021-22-season/c-326184568

“ESPN and ESPN+/Hulu will exclusively broadcast eight Ducks games, including six contests at Honda Center. Anaheim will make its first appearance on ESPN during opening week, facing off against the Minnesota Wild on Friday, Oct. 15 (ESPN+/Hulu).“

If the bold is true, then 6 Ducks games will be locked behind the ESPN+ paywall, and not even local fans will get the game through their existing cable/satellite subscriptions on a local channel. I’m not sure if Hulu would stream the game live for free, but I’m guessing not. This would be the 1st time local fans would be locked out of watching their team play without forking over even more money on another subscription. 

I’ve been *bleeped* over ESPN for what they’ve been doing with ESPN+ for a few years now, but this takes the cake. I’ll have no moral issues at all pirating the stream to these games if they really are exclusive.

I think that’s a misread. I’m reading that the games will be simulcast on ESPN as well as ESPN+. 

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

I think that’s a misread. I’m reading that the games will be simulcast on ESPN as well as ESPN+. 

Hopefully the Ducks article is wrong, but according to it, only one is actually on ESPN. 

Ducks will be televised nationally 11 times....I am very happy about that...will be checking on TSN or Sportsnet IF Canada will televise some Ducks Games soon.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

From what I understand (may easily be wrong) Bally's Sports is ONLY on Direct TV. So other than the 11 games on ESPN, and the handful on  KDOC the rest of the games will only be available on a sports network only available on Direct TV. What a great way to build a fanbase. Make it impossible for most fans to actually watch the team they follow. Never understood why you could never watch in market games(i.e. Ducks) on NHL Live when you were paying extra  for the service. The idea that the games would not sell out because you could  watch it at home always seemed dumb to me. Especially since until this season every game was broadcast on Fox Sports/KDOC. As of 2018 the population of Orange County was 3.19 million people. How many seats in the Honda Center? 17K ? Doing the math, they are blocking local viewing in order to guarantee 0.005329 of the population go to the game instead. And that's assuming all 3.19 million residence are both NHL fans and Ducks fans.

P.S. Gotta love how NHL.com still has the old standings up two days before the regular season starts.

Edited by Shadowduck

2 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

From what I understand (may easily be wrong) Bally's Sports is ONLY on Direct TV. So other than the 11 games on ESPN, and the handful on  KDOC the rest of the games will only be available on a sports network only available on Direct TV.

It's also on Cox Cable.

• Like 1

I decided to add DirecTV streaming instead of changing cable providers. Adds another $100 a month to my cable bill. Real simple to install as long as one has an open HDMI port on the back of their TV. 

Sportsnet up in Canada where I am from will be televising some Ducks Hockey games which I am from Grateful for. T-Minus 2 Days till Ducks Hockey...MAN I AM STOKED.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck