The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ducksrule94

Admin Stuff - Post Praise, Request, Other Here

Please use this thread to request or comment on items relating to the message board. Don't keep taking it off topic. There are plenty of other threads for that.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but here it is...

This is just a suggestion, but if it's possible, I propose we have a new message board section for people who have xtra tickets to sell to let others know that they have tickets. The website does have the Ticket Exchange thing, but that's too expensive for some of us. I know that it may cause some problems, but for those of us who are dying to attend more Ducks games or for those who don't want to waste their extra ticket(s), this is going to help a lot. Not everyone have friends/family who are willing to attend Ducks games on a regular basis and it's somewhat embarassing to walk around the interior/exterior of the arena alone. Again, this is only a suggestion, but I hope you would give it some thought as it would greatly benefit some of us Ducks fans. Thank you for your time!

My understanding is that the Ducks management will not endorse this - perhaps because of violating an agreement they have elsewhere.

People who have tickets to give away, however, have always offered them on the board and answered to PM's for them.

As a former regular on "other" boards, I want to say this team of Admin. and Mods. are doing a great job. This is the best board in the league and there should be some kind of award or recognition for this.

It's not easy to manage gobs of posters and keep the place respectful, positive, informative, organized, and fun.

Bravo, staff, bravo.

(I wanna be a Mod. when/if I grow up, grin.gif.)

Thank you Sharks. There are several people that volunteer a lot of time on here to keep this a good board. I know we all appreciate your comments.

Quote:

Thank you Sharks. There are several people that volunteer a lot of time on here to keep this a good board. I know we all appreciate your comments.

Thank you, it makes hockey chat fun. You guys (and gals) rock. If you ever need help, you know, like a bouncer...I'm your man. grin.gif

Quote:

Thank you Sharks.
smile.gif

Your welcome. The first thing I noticed when I came to this board was how active the Mods. are. Treat us with respect and kindness and participate in the threads. That's GREAT.

Thank you, Jim, for all your assistance...same goes for all of the Mods and Admin. You all have been a big help and I thank you all.

Sorry I am late to the party. Been off the board for several days. I must also congratulate the work of the Admins and Mods on this board. It is a thankless job and it is also one that goes unseen by most. But their hard work and dedication is evident when you look at the quality of this board in comparison to the others around the NHL! Way to go guys (and gal). Keep up the good work!

Just wanna chime in too. The admins and mods here are so much different and a lot less, well, Nazi-like in so many ways. I've seen team forums where admins and mods lock/delete threads like mad, and don't even join in on the conversations, acting instead like an absent ruler of the kingdom. But on these forums, the admins and mods actually interact with its members and join in on the conversations. The level of trust between members and mods and admins is a lot higher here, I find.

i like comming this board.i will tell one board not to go on is the dallas stars.their fans will tear you up,because your not one of them. i have been called some bad names on that board.they hate me.

Quote:

i like comming this board.i will tell one board not to go on is the dallas stars.their fans will tear you up,because your not one of them. i have been called some bad names on that board.they hate me.

Reminds me of the Canucks boards. But then again, they tear up on their own fans too. It's rather cannibal-ey, actually.

You know, I think a lot of the reason for that may be that there are more punk kids on those boards than here. You know what I am talking about. You get a plethora of 15-19 year olds and they all think they are bad a##es behind the keyboard and when one chimes in with some garbage, the rest go wild. Sort of like pouring blood in the water near a group of sharks. Once one gets going, the rest join in the frenzy. I am sure there are some dumb adults there too, but I would bet the teen factor has a lot to do with it. And the lack of good moderators as well. wink.gif

Too many punks here who think they're invincible and can do anything they want without consequences.

There's a reason why the crime rate's been steadily going up, in the forms of petty crimes like vandalism...

Quote:

You know, I think a lot of the reason for that may be that there are more punk kids on those boards than here. You know what I am talking about. You get a plethora of 15-19 year olds and they all think they are bad a##es behind the keyboard and when one chimes in with some garbage, the rest go wild. Sort of like pouring blood in the water near a
group of sharks
. Once one gets going, the rest join in the frenzy. I am sure there are some dumb adults there too, but I would bet the teen factor has a lot to do with it. And the lack of good moderators as well.
wink.gif

confused.gif huh?

Quote:

Quote:

You know, I think a lot of the reason for that may be that there are more punk kids on those boards than here. You know what I am talking about. You get a plethora of 15-19 year olds and they all think they are bad a##es behind the keyboard and when one chimes in with some garbage, the rest go wild. Sort of like pouring blood in the water near a
group of sharks
. Once one gets going, the rest join in the frenzy. I am sure there are some dumb adults there too, but I would bet the teen factor has a lot to do with it. And the lack of good moderators as well.
wink.gif

confused.gif
huh?

As in Great White, Leopard, Hammerhead, etc. grin.gif We aren't afraid of the Sharks from San Jose! wink.gif