The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ducksrule94

Admin Stuff - Post Praise, Request, Other Here

Ah new board looks fantastic, fellas! Nicely done! Heavily wondering when you all would change to Invision. Looks lovely!

ditto. i like it

I reaaaally don't like this new layout... I liked the lightbulb thing from before, how it would light up and whatnot... and I dont like the huge white spots... And its too similar to the other ones, I liked the old one, very simple, and unique...

O, and I want to be able to hit refresh to get back to the main page again... I loved that feature.

Jeez you guys are all negative nellies. Or Nancies or whatever the heck it is.

This is a HUGE improvement from the other boards. Trust me, in a few days you'll adore this place much more than the UBB style.

Jeez you guys are all negative nellies. Or Nancies or whatever the heck it is.

This is a HUGE improvement from the other boards. Trust me, in a few days you'll adore this place much more than the UBB style.

EXACTLY!

to quote hank hill, strickland propane. "stop being a negative ned. become a positive pete".

im still getting used to this one, and its just in need of breaking in.

The only problem I have is that there is no organization. Everything is mixed with each other. Can't we have different sections like an...

Anaheim Ducks section (Anaheim Ducks, Game Day Threads, In The System, Former Ducks, Ducks on the Air)

NHL section (NHL Talk, Rumor Central, Visitor Bench)

Off Topic (Off Topic, Road Trips)

And like, a section where it is strictly about the boards? Like Anaheim Ducks board news (Announcements, Troubleshooting, Comments/suggestions)

Or is this all in the works as well?

Not sure if I can explain this too well...

But there is this one box (General Discussion) has all these different sections in it. Like, Off-topic comes before Ducks On Air.

I guess it's just an aesthetics thing that only bothers me... lol.

Give us some time here.

This is all brand new to us also. It was not originally going to transfer today.

Yeah, it may be a little over-whelming at first, but once you get used to it, it's much better.

Like Admin said, give it some time. Once everything is up and running, you'll all adore it. :D

:huh: Why is it that every time the board migrates to a new look, my membership date changes too???? I've been a member of this boards since the 2003 playoff run, but now you show me joining as of yesterday. This is a problem that I've noticed for a lot of the OLDER (as in long time) members. Any way to find out and add the original dates we joined the Ducks boards???

I don't know why either, but I don't think it can be brought back.

We'll just all know that everyone who was registered on July 11th, 2007 have been here much longer. :blink::D

Everytime I click on General Discussion to go to the list of forums i get an error message say something to the effect of "You do not have permission to do that. You must log in before using this feature." The thing is Im logged in. Idk if I am the only one that this is happening to and I realize that this is new and all the kinks arent worked out yet, but just thought Id let you admins know.

OH and Id also like to add this this board does ahve the best Admins and Mods I have seen on any board. Top Notch work!

Everytime I click on General Discussion to go to the list of forums i get an error message say something to the effect of "You do not have permission to do that. You must log in before using this feature." The thing is Im logged in. Idk if I am the only one that this is happening to and I realize that this is new and all the kinks arent worked out yet, but just thought Id let you admins know.

OH and Id also like to add this this board does ahve the best Admins and Mods I have seen on any board. Top Notch work!

Thanks for both the problem report and the kind words.

I'll see that the webmaster takes a look at it tomorrow.

</font>

<font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

You know, I think a lot of the reason for that may be that there are more punk kids on those boards than here. You know what I am talking about. You get a plethora of 15-19 year olds and they all think they are bad a##es behind the keyboard and when one chimes in with some garbage, the rest go wild. Sort of like pouring blood in the water near a
group of sharks
. Once one gets going, the rest join in the frenzy. I am sure there are some dumb adults there too, but I would bet the teen factor has a lot to do with it. And the lack of good moderators as well.

<hr />

<font class="post">

huh?

I think you are right. Lack of good moderators for sure. This board has the BEST!

I get that as well. I just thought it was me doing something wrong! LOL.