The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FinnishFlash

To the Board Admins

I have no problem posting comments. Once I sign in the first time, I stay signed in. And this thread belongs in the Comments & Suggestions forum, not here. tongue.gif

This is the software ALL TEAMS in the NHL have been moved to.  The NHL now oversees the Team Websites and Message Boards to provide Unity from one team to another.  There are a lot of changes from our old board, and they will take some time to get used to. The messages have all been brought over from the old board, and we are in the process of trying to make it a little more like the old board was.

I have brought to the attention of the host that at times the board does appear slow.  Please post here if you notice the system running slow, so we can get an idea of what time of day it is occurring.  Keep in mind that all 30 teams Websites and Message Boards are now housed on these server(s).

While there is nothing we as admins can do about the boards, voices are heard.  As I said, we are doing all we can as admins to make the board a little more like the one you were used to, and will continue that task as they open more features up to us.eyes.gif

I have noticed that on my Mac using Safari the board loads slow and it's usually the background graphic that takes the longest to load, but over on the PC with Firefox it loads super fast with no issues. Those are my observations, hope they help you figure stuff out!

Slower than the old board on my PC (using Firefox), but it's tolerable. If I had just one suggestion, please please re-instate the "view new posts" function.

YES!

[quote name='The_Dave wrote:

AngelsDucksHB']Slower than the old board on my PC (using Firefox), but it's tolerable. If I had just one suggestion,
please please re-instate the "view new posts" function.

YES!

Slower than the old board on my PC (using Firefox), but it's tolerable. If I had just one suggestion, please please re-instate the "view new posts" function.

Unfortunately that isn't an option yet on this board.

Any updates on whether or not we'll be able to retrieve our screen names?

Anything? If there's an actual solution being worked on I'll be patient...but if we're just waiting for some NHL techie to put down his Cheetos and respond, that probably means this is low on the priority list.

Sorry about this, but I too am wondering if I can get the posts from my former screen name (ladyduck) to my new screen name (Ladyduck).  My login name (djrudd) transferred over as my screen name, which I do not want to use on the MB. I had to register with a new account to get the screen name I had used prior to the move.  It's really daunting to think I have to start over with my posts. I don't care about all the info, but just the number of posts.  It's so disheartening to see so many of the members that were able to keep their posts.   

I haven't read anything as to if there is a solution to this or not and I know that I'm not the only one that would appreciate hearing something.  I know that you guys are super busy with this move, but I don't think I'm the only one who hates having to start over again.

Thank you all for your efforts in getting this move made for us.  I'm sure this wasn't easy for all of you either.

Sorry about this, but I too am wondering if I can get the posts from my former screen name (ladyduck) to my new screen name (Ladyduck).  My login name (djrudd) transferred over as my screen name, which I do not want to use on the MB. I had to register with a new account to get the screen name I had used prior to the move.  It's really daunting to think I have to start over with my posts. I don't care about all the info, but just the number of posts.  It's so disheartening to see so many of the members that were able to keep their posts.   

I haven't read anything as to if there is a solution to this or not and I know that I'm not the only one that would appreciate hearing something.  I know that you guys are super busy with this move, but I don't think I'm the only one who hates having to start over again.

Thank you all for your efforts in getting this move made for us.  I'm sure this wasn't easy for all of you either.

The solution is forthcoming. The problem was our old software allowed a different login and screen name, and when they pulled everyone over the login took precedence. They are working on it for us. This is the last time I will respond to the screen name questions. If you absolutely have to have the old screen name and are too impatient to wait a little while, you will lose all the post counts, and anything else on the old screen name. They will not make any duplicates. Give it some time people, they ported all 30 teams over within a short time and there are some things that need to get worked out.

is there a way to ignore a user with this software?

and the FAQ link in the yellow bar just re-opens the forum home page

On my screen, and I don't know if it is on yours or not, on the left side under the users name there is a drop down button Interact. One of the choices on the drop down is ignore. If it does not appear on yours, I will see if there is another way for you to do it.  It does work for me, trust me.

So who are you so desperate to ignore? It's me, isn't it? *sniff*

yes I hate all Canadians...well except Bob and Doug, thgey're OK  smile.gif

[quote name='mransr wrote:

Miss_Heyer']So who are you so desperate to ignore? It's me, isn't it? *sniff*

yes I hate all Canadians...well except Bob and Doug, thgey're OK  smile.gif

How can I argue with that?  Especially since you've got me on ignore...

Rather than start a new thread I'll just ask here...

Will we always have to re-log in every time we visit the board?
I've not found any option to allow storage of my screen name and/or my password.  I really liked NOT having to relog in each time I wanted to jump on quickly and check a thread.  It's not a huge thing, just a minor pain.

And curious why I ended up with a post count of like 100, but not a full total?  I see some folks didn't come over with any at all and some talkin about reregistering.  I didn't have either of those outcomes...I just lost over 1000 posts from my count...(was this maybe a hint that I simply need to get a life?)

Thanks,
JT

And curious why I ended up with a post count of like 100, but not a full total?  I see some folks didn't come over with any at all and some talkin about reregistering.  I didn't have either of those outcomes...I just lost over 1000 posts from my count...(was this maybe a hint that I simply need to get a life?)

I'll take a stab at this part. I'm pretty sure the reason you lost post counts is because the new software is only counting posts from the threads that were salvaged from the old boards. The count on the old boards was a grand total from several years; even though the threads from 2006 are long gone the board still "knew" that people made posts in those threads. The new board has no way of retrieving post counts from threads that are more than a couple months old.

[quote name='bobbyrussell wrote:

TheBigJT']And curious why I ended up with a post count of like 100, but not a full total?  I see some folks didn't come over with any at all and some talkin about reregistering.  I didn't have either of those outcomes...I just lost over 1000 posts from my count...(was this maybe a hint that I simply need to get a life?)

I'll take a stab at this part. I'm pretty sure the reason you lost post counts is because the new software is only counting posts from the threads that were salvaged from the old boards. The count on the old boards was a grand total from several years; even though the threads from 2006 are long gone the board still "knew" that people made posts in those threads. The new board has no way of retrieving post counts from threads that are more than a couple months old.

this is the exact same reason i lost ALL of my posts  from my old post count of over 300 because although i didn't post in the wanning months of the past season i posted alot before... oh well frown.gif

[quote name='bobbyrussell wrote:

TheBigJT']And curious why I ended up with a post count of like 100, but not a full total?  I see some folks didn't come over with any at all and some talkin about reregistering.  I didn't have either of those outcomes...I just lost over 1000 posts from my count...(was this maybe a hint that I simply need to get a life?)

this is the EXACT same reason why i lost all of my posts of a post count around roughly 350.

even though i posted alot in the past few years i failed to remain loyal  to the board the past few months :/ oh well

They are working on it for us. This is the last time I will respond to the screen name questions. If you absolutely have to have the old screen name and are too impatient to wait a little while, you will lose all the post counts, and anything else on the old screen name.

I know, "last time" -- but that was a month ago, the new boards have been up more than a month and the season is now well underway. Is serious progress being made in regards to screen name recovery, or should we just create new names? (whoever else is still here...)

If the NHL had someone posting from their Toronto/NY Message Board Control Room, or wherever the heck they control these things, I'd bug him instead. And I'd tell him that my uncle's smoothie shop has a better server farm. But one of the consequences of central planning is that you get X asking Y to tell Z to implement A, and...meh.

When I type in a keyword, the old message board would take me to all the posts with that key word, and then highlight it.  Now, I have to go through every post to find what I want to find.  How can I get it to highlight my keyword again????

On the top right of the window it has my profile name Canauhtli but when I add a post it gives me Azrael8. how do i fix this?

They figured out what caused the problem and it is taken care of now. Let me know if you notice anything like this happening again.

Admin Ken

[quote name='Administrator wrote:

Canauhtli']On the top right of the window it has my profile name Canauhtli but when I add a post it gives me Azrael8. how do i fix this?

They figured out what caused the problem and it is taken care of now. Let me know if you notice anything like this happening again.

Admin Ken

Thank you so much smile.gif

When I log in, my screen name shows up as bklanning. How can I change this? I would like to change it to evergreen duck.

My e-mail is bklanning@q.com.   Thanks for any help.

We are still waiting for them to get it set up for us to put the users original screen names. Hang in there, they are taking care of all 30 teams, so it isn't going to happen over night.