The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DucksFanDFW

Trolls

Exactly what you requested has taken place. Please utilize the ignore feature when these people start posting. Report the posts, and they will be edited and dealt with.

Thanks.

Thank you Knightblade and thank you Administrator. I wasn't aware of the "Interact" button until the game was just about over. It was a ruined evening for most of us. Now that I know about that button, I'll be better prepared next game.

Thank you Knightblade and thank you Administrator. I wasn't aware of the "Interact" button until the game was just about over. It was a ruined evening for most of us. Now that I know about that button, I'll be better prepared next game.
When I got to thread late all I was reading was people fighting with those two.  It was annoying so I started looking for a way to block them and accidentally found it under the interact button.  I posted that for others that may not have accidentally stumbled onto it like I did.

[quote name='DucksFanDFW wrote:

Ladyduck']Thank you Knightblade and thank you Administrator. I wasn't aware of the "Interact" button until the game was just about over. It was a ruined evening for most of us. Now that I know about that button, I'll be better prepared next game.

When I got to thread late all I was reading was people fighting with those two.  It was annoying so I started looking for a way to block them and accidentally found it under the interact button.  I posted that for others that may not have accidentally stumbled onto it like I did.

Thank you for the information, you were the reason those of us didn't know about that button found out about it..  I wished we had found that button sooner, it would have made the evening so much more fun.  Thanks again.

Your comment about where's the MODS...we'll have to be more proactive and jump in during the game threads.

Is there any way to add a filter that prevents first time posters from starting message threads within the main section ?   Tonight we get the pleasure of another drooling fan who wants to buy a Scotty jersey in the hopes that he'll get traded to his team. 

I know on other boards a new member has to post 25 messages or so before they can open a new thread.  It wouldn't stop trolls from flaming within existing threads, but it would tone down some of the posts where a new fan (supposed Ducks fans included) who toss an opinion grenade with their first comments and are never heard from again.  At least all of these posts from out of town fans should be posted in the Visitor's Bench, and without a filter it puts the burden on an admin to move the post.

Emerald Duck

At least he wasn't rude. He was just asking about the rumor and what our opinions are.
True, he was not rude, though on a lot of other boards he would not have been able to create the post.  He might not have been trolling, but he was fishing ....  Luckily a lot of Ducks fans are pretty classy and respectful if the poster is reasonable.  On other teams boards and on some of the leaguewide boards he would have been ripped apart (fairly or unfairly).

[quote name='Emerald_Duck wrote:

ducksgal']At least he wasn't rude. He was just asking about the rumor and what our opinions are.

True, he was not rude, though on a lot of other boards he would not have been able to create the post.  He might not have been trolling, but he was fishing ....  Luckily a lot of Ducks fans are pretty classy and respectful if the poster is reasonable.  On other teams boards and on some of the leaguewide boards he would have been ripped apart (fairly or unfairly).

I agree with you on that.  I think that rule that you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can start a new thread needs to be brought back.  I don't know how many different "fire Carlyle" threads I have seen from new posters.  I guess people don't know how to read or do their research before they post something.

[quote name='ducksgal wrote:

Emerald_Duck wrote:

ducksgal
']At least he wasn't rude. He was just asking about the rumor and what our opinions are.

I agree with you on that.  I think that rule that you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can start a new thread needs to be brought back.  I don't know how many different "fire Carlyle" threads I have seen from new posters.  I guess people don't know how to read or do their research before they post something.

No no......thats ok. I enjoy deleting multiple redundant threads. It's what I live for. eyes.gif

If we all just hit the "Ignore User's Post" anytime he comes on it won't matter what he posts we won't have to see it or read it. When he comes on with a new name, hit that button. Maybe eventually he'll get tired of being ignored. I'm going to use it now.

ahahha il never get tired +!+$!#% haha common now Im a true fan u suck and don't know anything so get over it you think that just bc u say u like the DUCKS your an actual fan?? no your not I am who was there when we won the cup?? me and who was there for the first home game in 93??? me ya you weren't anywhere so get out of here gooon your a garbage fan!

if you take it for what it is, this guy is kind of funny. he's obviously aiming to create the most inane and baseless comments possible and see who is gullible enough to attempt a real conversation.

if you take it for what it is, this guy is kind of funny. he's obviously aiming to create the most inane and baseless comments possible and see who is gullible enough to attempt a real conversation.

And you just explained what a troll does. In more words than just saying "troll". nerd.gif

[quote name='Princess_Duck wrote:

JoeyDurden']if you take it for what it is, this guy is kind of funny. he's obviously aiming to create the most inane and baseless comments possible and see who is gullible enough to attempt a real conversation.

And you just explained what a troll does. In more words than just saying "troll". nerd.gifYeah but the point is don't engage him in conversation.

BTW when I signed in it took me to NHL.com again.

[quote name='JoeyDurden wrote:

Princess_Duck wrote:

JoeyDurden']if you take it for what it is, this guy is kind of funny. he's obviously aiming to create the most inane and baseless comments possible and see who is gullible enough to attempt a real conversation.

And you just explained what a troll does. In more words than just saying "troll". 
nerd.gifYeah but the point is don't engage him in conversation.

BTW when I signed in it took me to NHL.com again.

Yeah I don't I got him on ignore and on report. 

BTW-- Me too, that's getting annoying!