The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeulz

New Board Help

I was wondering why I my post count on the threads i write in say some really low number when on the old board I think I had around 400. If the board is still transferring the info from the old board and it is just a matter of waiting then thats ok, but I'm curious as to why. Also can someone tell me what the new features are on this board?

Besides post count i am just wondering how can i put up a Pic of me from old Board to the New Board?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

When you log in click on profile

Then you click on edit my profile

Click on the change photo tab on the left hand side

Click on select file, then download an image from your computer

Save changes and you're set (if it meets the maximum requirements)

a lot of the old topics and posts are not being attributed to members, and that's why our post counts are so low i'd imagine. my guess is this won't get fixed.

it's also pretty annoying that many posts are showing up way out of order in some threads. oh well.

once that all goes away (i doubt it will be fixed, but eventually new posts will push those old posts away), i'm really happy with this board. it looks way better and the functions are pretty slick,

i love that there is a mobile version of the site!!

I was wondering why I my post count on the threads i write in say some really low number when on the old board I think I had around 400. If the board is still transferring the info from the old board and it is just a matter of waiting then thats ok, but I'm curious as to why. Also can someone tell me what the new features are on this board?

I am still trying to get some answers. The one thing I noticed originally was the very first post in each thread was missing, so whomever started the thread no longer has their question or statement. You see the reply to the post, which really doesn't make sense any more. I hope they can import the original threads the way they were, but I'm not holding my breath. In all the archived threads, the same thing has happened also, so it appears board wide.

There are several things addressed, and I hope to get an answer soon.

I do like the IPS boards a whole lot better than the other one, I just wish the import had been cleaner.

I'll post when I get a response back.

Admin Ken

Another problem is on the main screen where it shows the different forums, it shows the last person to post in that forum and it doesn't update as soon as someone else posts in a forum. I found that the old board updated this stuff right away and made things simpler.

Rather than starting a whole new thread for the problem that I am having, I may as well post it in this thread. The problem I am having is that I can still see the posts of the people on my ignored users list. Under "Ignore Posts" it says yes, so I shouldn't be seeing their posts.

Rather than starting a whole new thread for the problem that I am having, I may as well post it in this thread. The problem I am having is that I can still see the posts of the people on my ignored users list. Under "Ignore Posts" it says yes, so I shouldn't be seeing their posts.

You know you love reading my posts!!!

Is there a way to tell which posts you've read and which posts you haven't read?

That's the biggest pet peeve I have right now. To find out what the new posts are in a thread, I have to actually read the time/day when it was written.

That's the biggest pet peeve I have right now. To find out what the new posts are in a thread, I have to actually read the time/day when it was written.

Does this help?

09022010f.jpg

09022010t.jpg

This only works when you are logged in I think.

Does this help?

09022010f.jpg

09022010t.jpg

This only works when you are logged in I think.

So that's what that is for. Thanks, I appreciate the help. Here's hoping the other problems people are having on the new boards are that easy to fix.

I would do a copy on the names, then delete from your list, do a save, close board and reopen then paste the names

back in the list and do another save. Might have to close and reopen board again.

You know you love reading my posts!!!

I should't be able to read this! Just kidding :P

I would do a copy on the names, then delete from your list, do a save, close board and reopen then paste the names

back in the list and do another save. Might have to close and reopen board again.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Another question.... my avatar keeps disappearing a little while after I update it on my profile. What I'm trying to use my avatar is a Teemu Selanne wallpaper just a smaller version. I want to know how to get it to permanently stay as my avatar.

http://www.hockeywallpapers.net/Images/Teemu-Selanne-Anaheim-Ducks-Wallpaper.jpg

Another question.... my avatar keeps disappearing a little while after I update it on my profile. What I'm trying to use my avatar is a Teemu Selanne wallpaper just a smaller version. I want to know how to get it to permanently stay as my avatar.

http://www.hockeywallpapers.net/Images/Teemu-Selanne-Anaheim-Ducks-Wallpaper.jpg

My guess is that even thought the dimensions are ok the file size is too big and gets auto-removed later...or something like that.

What service are you hosting it on?

I was looking at other teams sites and the Predators site you have to sign up to go on their message board. I was wondering if that might be something we could do on here. It will take away any spam if there is any. And if people go on here to slam the Ducks they have to register to go in it. At least you're a better Administrator then the one they have on the NHL.com message board. Who is never on and haven't be on for 4 months.

I also on the Predators message board they have diffrent names for their members like Star Player, Minor Leaguer, Draftee, 1st Liner, Head Coach, Rookie, Assistant Coach, Frequent Flyer, 4th Liner, 3rd Liner, Prospect, and Veteran. That would be a cool idea to do too.

All official message boards are linked to the NHL and if you have an account with the Ducks you can sign into any other team's message board. In a way that is good because then you don't have to come up with different user names to log into different message boards. I just logged into the Nashville's board and it says that I'm logged in.

As far as the titles for frequent posters I don't like them just like I don't like the post count because people assume that they know more than you because of the low post count.

That's true Canauhtli or they have nothing else to do but sit on the computer and post. I just was looking at the Predators message board and saw that it was kind of funny the names.

Other NHL message board websites have avitars, colorful signatures etc, but we still don't. Why is this still a fact on our website? We heard this would be fixed last year and yet we still have a black and white and nothing else but type. We can't even change the size of the fonts. Why?

I agree with you knockout! Even on the signature thing the other teams message boards you can change the fonts and colors. They even let you pick out your own member title. Why can't we have that?

Other NHL message board websites have avitars, colorful signatures etc, but we still don't. Why is this still a fact on our website? We heard this would be fixed last year and yet we still have a black and white and nothing else but type. We can't even change the size of the fonts. Why?

I agree with you knockout! Even on the signature thing the other teams message boards you can change the fonts and colors. They even let you pick out your own member title. Why can't we have that?

This subject comes up at least once every season.

Unfortunately the original thread was lost when we moved over to this new site.

It was decided several years ago by the upper powers that be, that we would not have the avatars, and signature graphics to detract from your post and the message you are trying to get across.

After looking at several different sites, we realized we didn't have the time to monitor and edit every avatar, signature graphic, and specialized font that all the members have available to use. We are all volunteers on the message board, and do this out of our love for the team (to a point anyway.)

By not having them, it also speeds up the access time and refresh screen time on the board. Don't forget all 30 teams are hosted on the same set of servers, and anything we can do to speed our board up, we will be willing to do.

Thanks for understanding, and helping to make our jobs a little easier.

Ken

how do you block users?

Do you mean Ignore, or block them from contacting you?

My screen may have a couple of different choices than yours, just due to my Admin account.

On my page, I click the down arrow up at the top right next to your user name.

The last choice I have there is Manage Ignored Users. Click that, and then click add new user to your ignored list. You can choose to just ignore their posts, or both selections which allow you to ignore their messages to you also.

If things get really out of hand with someone, please drop a note to either myself or another member of the staff, and we will follow up and possible even ban that person if they are harassing you or any other member of our board.

Hope that answers your question, if not let me know.

Ken