SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?

Photo

Selă¤nne Injured Again!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 NiemiWillRise

NiemiWillRise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

Selänne has injured his groin third time in short period of time

"3rd period thats where it went again Selänne said to mtv3,i couldt play last 3 minutes of the game,the SO was easy dont need to skate much in SO.

"These type of injuries are diffucult to test are you ready to play,in training you can control your every move,but in the game everything happens so damn quickly,pattern been the same with all 3,it goes just before the end of the game" Selänne continued

"i am so frustrated,and disappointed right now"

Edited by NiemiWillRise, 09 December 2010 - 12:46 AM.

#2 Princess_Duck

Princess_Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:55 AM

Noooooooooo :(

#3 DucksFan_08

DucksFan_08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:25 AM

We've had a tough schedule. The man isn't the youngest out there. He just has to rest that groin. Perhaps sit out the calgary & minnesota games. There's two back-to-backs coming up after that. Maybe he can play in one game each. We have 4 days of around Chirstmas so that's good. It amazes me that even with a sore groin and at the age of 40 he's almost our leading scorer. He would have been if he hadn't missed a couple of games. We need him out there. But I'd rather have him sit out some games and return at 100% than have him play every game at 80% and making it worse. Teemu deserves so much respect. It makes me sad that the team can't play better so we could just give him a proper goodbye.

#4 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,871 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:26 AM

They were saying on the Vancouver feed that Teemu had some kind of special blood treatment that healed his groin quicker. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Extenze. ;)

This is terrible news though.

#5 NiemiWillRise

NiemiWillRise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:32 AM

How i see it Teemu´s 2 options are

1) wait 1-2 weeks groin to heal and play rest of the season nice and clean

2) play 2 games, miss 2 games rest of the season by hoping groin dont totally bust

I think we all agree on one thing: we need healthy Teemu... right?

At age of 40 body do not heal as fast when you are 20, if only someone would of told Teemu that 40 year old body cant handel that many games in 5 days (if i remember correctly when first injury was)at least what Teemu said, "3rd day groin was telling something, after 5th it was gone"(that is if i remember correctly) :D

#6 kcjones

kcjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:27 AM

Teemu didn't play at all in the overtime.

#7 HeWhoWatchDuckOnPond

HeWhoWatchDuckOnPond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:59 AM

And nobody believed me before the season started that Teemu would have another season of injury. Freak accident, pulled groin, call it whatever it may be. The problem is he is injured, and a groin situation is one of those things that plagues an athlete for sometime. It'd be an interesting stat to know what percentage of chronic groin injuries result in surgery. I'm not sure his is chronic but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

To those who say "We need Teemu" I ask what for? This team is going to have to move forward without him like it or not. His days are numbered. Even with him this team is not winning a cup this year. The way things have been heading it's going to be tight just getting into the playoffs.

Edited by HeWhoWatchDuckOnPond, 09 December 2010 - 08:01 AM.

#8 1Ducksfan8

1Ducksfan8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

And nobody believed me before the season started that Teemu would have another season of injury. Freak accident, pulled groin, call it whatever it may be. The problem is he is injured, and a groin situation is one of those things that plagues an athlete for sometime. It'd be an interesting stat to know what percentage of chronic groin injuries result in surgery. I'm not sure his is chronic but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

To those who say "We need Teemu" I ask what for? This team is going to have to move forward without him like it or not. His days are numbered. Even with him this team is not winning a cup this year. The way things have been heading it's going to be tight just getting into the playoffs.

We need Teemu becuase he draws fans to come see him play, he is a lock HOFer, racking up points left and right to climb the all-time stat sheet and people want to be there for the History in front of them. It's not always about winning the cup, I like going to the games to watch a now 19 year old be the best defenseman we have and a 40 year old play like he's 20 because i know this can be the last time i see the future HOFer play just like last year with Niedermayer. I guess its more enjoy the little things in the big scheme of things.

#9 1Ducksfan8

1Ducksfan8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

They were saying on the Vancouver feed that Teemu had some kind of special blood treatment that healed his groin quicker. Has anyone heard anything about that?

They take your blood out and mix it with Plasma then inject the blood back into the injury area so it heals quicker. They said a lot of football players use it.

#10 Pazonator

Pazonator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

And we play much better when he is in. and we actually score too

#11 fatgoalie-ad1

fatgoalie-ad1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

Blood spinning. cutting edge treatment that was described above.

Why do we need him??? He is a catalyst for many things on this team! He is also a 40 year
old player who is in better shape, community involved, and a presence of leadership on a team that is lacking in it. Especially among a few of our "horses"

Teemu brings, energy, fun, and desire to a team, that is lacking in this all too often.

Yes, I'm a fan of his.

#12 kentti

kentti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

According to THIS article, Selänne said that his groin felt good on Monday and Tuesday but it got sore again in one particular spurt during the game.

He said that it is not that serious but he doesn't want to take any risks concerning the rest of the season and that leaving the game was just a precaution.

THIS article says that Teemu's groin was the sorest on the first time, the second time was not as bad as the first and on Wednesday it was the least sore. He left the game immediately he felt his groin getting sore.

He continues that he's now day-to-day but doesn't expect to play on Friday, maybe back-to-back games are too much at the moment for his groin.

You can use Google Translate to have a rough (really bad) translation of the articles.

BTW, I didn't know that Carlyle was a veteran defender in the same Winnipeg team when Selänne had his first season as a rookie.

#13 NashPredFan

NashPredFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

SELANNE IS THE GREATEST!!! WE NEED HIM!!! HEAL SOON SELANNE, MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!!!

#14 shaketiller

shaketiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

One word...retire.

#15 DucksFan_08

DucksFan_08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

One word...retire.

A troll?

#16 IcePyrate

IcePyrate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

Currently there is not a better option for the organization. Teemu has 28pts in 26 games; 15 of them are even strength. This team wasnt playoff bound from the start of the season. Right now, there is nobody on the roster or the crunch roster that can come in and perform as well as Selanne on the second line or PP.

As for UFAs,the Ducks organization is not exactly attracting them. Were not a playoff contender and the last few UFA players did not exactly fair well here. Besides Teemu is playing below market value and is only signing one year contracts. He is pretty cap friendly for what he brings to the team.

However, if you have a realistic idea of what Teemu's presence is preventing this team from doing I am sure everyone would like to hear it.

#17 HeWhoWatchDuckOnPond

HeWhoWatchDuckOnPond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Currently there is not a better option for the organization. Teemu has 28pts in 26 games; 15 of them are even strength. This team wasnt playoff bound from the start of the season. Right now, there is nobody on the roster or the crunch roster that can come in and perform as well as Selanne on the second line or PP.

As for UFAs,the Ducks organization is not exactly attracting them. Were not a playoff contender and the last few UFA players did not exactly fair well here. Besides Teemu is playing below market value and is only signing one year contracts. He is pretty cap friendly for what he brings to the team.

However, if you have a realistic idea of what Teemu's presence is preventing this team from doing I am sure everyone would like to hear it.

My thought is he isn't going to be around much longer. I understand wanting to see him play just for the sake of it. But when people say we need him, that acknowledges him as a crutch. One that will not be holding up a broken body much longer. Teemu isn't going to be the answer for this team to get back into contention. He is the icing on the cake so to speak, but personally I prefer more cake then icing.

I'm just looking forward so it comes off as cold and anti Teemu. If he keeps playing till he winds up on the forth line because he can't handle the minutes, I'm sure people would be happy, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not so sure he is going to be around by the time there is more depth on this team, at least enough to be a threat.

#18 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

One word...retire.

Three words including a conjunction and a contraction: You're a troll

Edited by zther, 11 December 2010 - 04:41 PM.

#19 NashPredFan

NashPredFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:02 AM

retire???? crawl back in your hole troll

#20 patopreto

patopreto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

Selanne seems to attract trolls. He is one of the few players who doesn't get scapegoated here. Fans from other teams seem to hate him though.

A groin pull is not an old man's injury. I had one when I was 14. The trainers said that they come from trying too hard. Once it is injured it is really difficult to know when to come back, as he has pointed out. But the only solution is to rest it.

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2012 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices