The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duck_droppings

Angry Letter About The Kings To The L.a. Times

It seems there are just some franchises that will never win a championship. The Kings are one of those franchises. They couldn't do it with Gretzky, Kurri and Robitaille on the same team, they certainly won't do it with the dreck they have this year. The Ducks and the Lightning already have their Stanley Cups.

The Kings are the Clippers on skates.

Clippers on skates! :lol:

It makes they have disconnect with reality Jigs.

With another loss tonight Moose, it certainly makes they have disconnect...!

Helen's Elliot's recent power ranking put the Kings a few notches below the Ducks. Description: These guys are just awful and getting worse.

Then you notice they moved up a spot in the power rankings.

Meanwhile Ducks only move up 1 spot while going 7-2.

Hey I got a good idea, we need a game winning penalty shot-let's give it to an overratted defenceman!

Kings broadcaster Daryl Evans said in an interview a few days back that the long home stand is working against the team in that being at home for a long stretch works against a team. According to Mr Evans, teams at home for such a long time will create complacency as well as eliminate the opportunity for team bonding which occurs when the team is on the road.

Well, 2-1 loss vs Dallas last night kinda blew that theory all to heck. :o

Helen's Elliot's recent power ranking put the Kings a few notches below the Ducks. Description: These guys are just awful and getting worse.

Hey I got a good idea, we need a game winning penalty shot-let's give it to an overratted defenceman!

Two weeks in a row the Ducks have been given no respect by her (as if that's the first disrespect she has given them). She's nothing but a shill for the Kings.

She has no credibility with me. I hate it when I see her write any article about the Ducks.

Two weeks in a row the Ducks have been given no respect by her (as if that's the first disrespect she has given them). She's nothing but a shill for the Kings.

She has no credibility with me. I hate it when I see her write any article about the Ducks.

People will argue her "HOF" writing credentials but she's a total homer... her contempt for the Ducks is very obvious. It's a shame she tries to hide it.

She needs to man up and be like Bill Simmons. He passionately roots against Colts, Lakers, Yankees, Jets, and Canadiens and would never deny it.

I agree with her point that the Ducks need success on their road trip to prove they are "for real" now. I think we all feel the same, waiting to see if they can actually win on the road.

But giving them the same progress as the Kings?

In Terry Murray's defense...JJ is pretty badass in the shootout. It dates back to his world junior days.

In Terry Murray's defense...JJ is pretty badass in the shootout. It dates back to his world junior days.

JJ is 1 for 4 in shootouts at the NHL level.

Murray did have to choose from a player on the ice and I'm not sure who else was out there, but since they had pulled the goalie I would have assumed some offensive fire power?

JJ is 1 for 4 in shootouts at the NHL level.

Murray did have to choose from a player on the ice and I'm not sure who else was out there, but since they had pulled the goalie I would have assumed some offensive fire power?

When i was watching the game I actually expected to see Johnson as I thought statistically he was their best dog. A little research reveals I was off a bit... Johnson is 10 for 27 lifetime... his 37% conversion rate ranks him 2nd behind Kopitar with guys who have 20+ attempts.

That said... glad he missed. Last thing we needed was a 3 point game within the division.

Dallas plays some terrific team defense. Boring, but effective.

It seems there are just some franchises that will never win a championship. The Kings are one of those franchises. They couldn't do it with Gretzky, Kurri and Robitaille on the same team, they certainly won't do it with the dreck they have this year. The Ducks and the Lightning already have their Stanley Cups.

The Kings are the Clippers on skates.

Clippers on skates! :lol:

I just checked and the record for the Clippers over the last 7 games is 5-2. The Kings record over the last 7 games is 2-5. Therefore, saying the Kings are the Clippers on skates is an insult to Clippers, for which I sincerely apologize.

BTW, Helene Elliott from the Times does criticize the Kings when they stink up Staples Center. Here's something from her Friday column after their loss to the Blues.

Maybe it's time to stop saying the Kings are in a slump after their sizzling 12-3 start.

Maybe the way they've been playing lately is who they really are, a punchless group that easily concedes its end of the ice and is frittering away an eight-game homestand.

There was no other conclusion Thursday after their meek 3-1 loss to the St. Louis Blues, who lost at Anaheim on Wednesday and were winless in five games.

The Blues weren't winless when they left Staples Center. The Kings gave them free passage through all three zones and probably handed over the keys to the Zamboni too.

Another stellar performance against the Blues...

Blues 2, Kings 1

Vintage JANUARY for the KINGS.

The Kings will probably move up two more spots in her power rankings now!

:lol:

Only in Helen Elliott's column....

Lebrun and Burnside run a pretty crappy rankings on ESPN.com...

Lebrun and Burnside run a pretty crappy rankings on ESPN.com...

I completely forgot about them and their uninformative articles. Definitely add those two with Elliott.