The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duck_droppings

Latest Angry Kings' Fans Letters And Lombardi's Fine

For some reason, this wasn’t on the Times website, probably because they didn’t want to waste anymore bandwidth on the Kings, so I’ve typed out these letters from today’s paper for your amusement.

When I first saw the cover photo and story on Orange County high school hockey [check the Off Topic section for the article], I was shocked that a bunch of teenagers can get the attention of the local media that always seems to overlook the Kings. But the more I thought about it, I realized that these kids are more deserving.

After all, the Kings are mired in last place, the players are in serious need of a heart transplant, management is paralyzed by inaction and AEG has their attention on getting an NFL team rather than helping the NHL team they already own. Credit is due to the Ducks’ owners, the Samuelis, for helping the O.C. kids get their league started while the Kings’ owner, Phil Anschutz, remains in hiding in Denver. Given how poorly his sad sack team has performed lately, maybe Phil is waiting to emerge on Feb. 2 to see the shadow of playoff revenue sliding away and alert Kings fans that summer vacation will begin in April this year.

###

When Terry Murray was hired as the coach of the Kings, he was said to be a man with a calm demeanor who would help the young players on the team in their development and bring them up the right way. He did just that, helping young players like Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, Jack Johnson and Drew Doughty find their way in the NHL.

However, the time for growing is over and it seems more and more apparent that the tired, old, predictable system that Murray has put in place is no longer showing results and the players, like the fans, no longer trust it.

Thanks for all you have done, Terry, but it is time to move on.

###

As the Kings season spirals downward into oblivion, Kings fans continue to listen to GM Dean Lombardi tell us that he is ready to make a deal for the right guy. We have been waiting five years to acquire “the right guy.” Someone needs to tell Mr. Lombardi that Wayne Gretzky has retired, and Sidney Crosby is not available.

###

When did the Kings change their motto from “Pride=Passion=Power” to “Errors=Embarrassment=Early Vacation”?

###

On Thursday, Kings GM Dean Lombardi shot his mouth off about how a ref who allowed a Phoenix goal on Thursday was biased against the Kings. While I was reading it, I was wondering how much that was going to cost him in league fines. Answer: $50,000.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kings-fyi-20110122,0,447016.story

I dont blame Lombadi for saying what he said. I dont think its a coincidence that a call like that goal goes to a team owned by the NHL in a close game like that. How many time have we all seen disputed calls go against the Ducks, phantom penalty calls aginst the Ducks when they play a team from Canada or Detroit?

Lombardi just came out and said what everyone else is thinking.

I think it's hilarious that Lombardi grew a pair of stones then immediately apologized and got fined to heck. He should have stuck to his guns. He was right afterall.

Lombardi has been in the league long enough to know that when you complain about a call to the press, you're going to get a big fine. It's his own fault.

There was only one letter to the Times today, probably because Kings fans are using the All Star break, too.

I must take issue with [last week's] letter equating reclusive Kings owner Phil Anschutz to that famous groundhog. Punxsutawney Phil actually emerges from hiding annually to update the populace on the current situation.

Makes you wonder if Drought LA is on will continue it's part of who they are.

Spot on Moose!

I for one am hoping drought LA is on will continue it's part of who they are for sure! Nothing more, nothing less!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm also hoping the Queens make the playoffs this year and end up playing us...this way we can create a REAL Southern California rivalry and the game will be so popular because of it here. The best part would be us beating them in a playoff series :)

I don't know about you guys, but I'm also hoping the Queens make the playoffs this year and end up playing us...this way we can create a REAL Southern California rivalry and the game will be so popular because of it here. The best part would be us beating them in a playoff series :)

That would be pretty sweet... but I'll take them missing the playoffs and the draft lottery any day.