The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

octony9717

Plus Minus Question

If a player receives a penalty and is in the box when the opposing team scores is he dinged on his negative rating?

No. Only players on the ice get effected. The short handed team does not get effected if the opposing team scores on the PP. But, if the short handed team scores, they receive a plus while the team on the PP receives a minus.

Worst stat ever, in regards to judging defensive play.

In regards to your question: CBT already did. You need to be on the ice, and a goal against when you're shorthanded doesn't impact the +/- anyway.

Worst stat ever, in regards to judging defensive play.

In regards to your question: CBT already did. You need to be on the ice, and a goal against when you're shorthanded doesn't impact the +/- anyway.

I fully agree on judging defensive play purely on that stat. It can be so misleading. I remember talking to a buddy and mentioning that Scotty had a minus 25 at some point last season. He asked how Scotty has declined so much and I made it clear that +/- is so deceiving. I find myself of making that assumption when judging defensive players that I don't see but I try to catch myself because its so easy to say "oh he's -25, he stinks."

Just adding a small technicality to your statement Sojourn. The PK can get a (+) if they scores a goal.