The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

navyduck

Torres Is At It Again

Interesting that the same people posting about the hit on TSN about how it was clean and Seabrook "needs to learn to skate with his head up" are the same ones calling for a long suspension for Bobby Ryan. What hypocrites.

Colin's explanation was that it was a shoulder hit which was "not" part of the new headshot rule.

He also said Torres did not charge the opponent before the hit............Huh? :blink:

Colin's explanation was that it was a shoulder hit which was "not" part of the new headshot rule.

He also said Torres did not charge the opponent before the hit............Huh? :blink:

I'm sure he had a conference call with Darren Dreger before releasing his findings. ;)

Wait wait so...according to this article they are saying it's okay to hit the head with your shoulder...

I want to make sure I understand this... it is OKAY to HIT the HEAD with your SHOULDER...

Is there some reason the league doesn't have a committee of three that meets out discipline? Giving one guy all the power doesn't make any sense. Especially when that one guy has a son playing for one team and has demonstrated his dislike for certain players and referees that has been documented through his emails.

what a joke. no suspension? i dont give a rats ass about this behind the net hitting zone... fact is seabrook didnt touch the puck, and torres ran him... and for the icing on the cake... not even a full game after returning from a suspension for damn near the exact same hit just not behind on the net on eberle... the guy needs to stay off the ice clearly he didnt learn his lesson, seriously im glad im not a hawks fan. game 4 hawks/nucks is going to be dirty now as hell.... league is so in consistent.

Wait wait so...according to this article they are saying it's okay to hit the head with your shoulder...

I want to make sure I understand this... it is OKAY to HIT the HEAD with your SHOULDER...

That is pretty much what I got out of it. Nailed the head right on the subject

Is there some reason the league doesn't have a committee of three that meets out discipline? Giving one guy all the power doesn't make any sense. Especially when that one guy has a son playing for one team and has demonstrated his dislike for certain players and referees that has been documented through his emails.

Are you kidding?

This is the same league that took 2 years to decide that is is not okay to obliterate an unsuspecting player from behind or that using an elbow or forearm to the noggin was going to be punished by a 2 game suspension.

YET, God forbid that a player

(Sean Avery) waves a stick in front of the goalies eyes (Brodeur) to screen his view of the puck, and a rule is put into place the following day disallowing such a move. :rolleyes:

I was definitely expecting a suspension for that. I don't quite understand their explanation. In all honesty, can someone explain to me why these two hits are different?

I'm telling you...we need to change the disciplinary action...

No more suspensions or fines...just one simple punishment..

Catapult!

I was definitely expecting a suspension for that. I don't quite understand their explanation. In all honesty, can someone explain to me why these two hits are different?

Eberle was hit with an elbow

Seabrook was hit with a shoulder

Those are the only differences i see

Eberle was hit with an elbow

Seabrook was hit with a shoulder

Those are the only differences i see

Exactly, and according to Lord Campbell explaining today why Torres did not receive a suspension, shoulder hits to the head are okay. :blink: