The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeyDurden

Latest On Erat?

Check looked clean, but once Erat stayed down a linesmen from across the rink made the call it wasn't within the proper window after he passed the puck. Anyhoo, what's the injury? I'm not going to claim Erat embellished a check all the way to the trainer's room.

NHL Live is calling it a dirty hit and will be talking about it after this commercial break.

they said controversy not dirty, what they say after that is probably gonna be a different story

awesome, no mention other than showing it with a few other of the penalties. A whole lot of nothing.

yeah, if ruutu gets suspended boy am i gonna be steamin because that was not a dirty hit, maybe a little late but not dirty. arm was not high it was tucked into his body, elbow was down, and his shoulder hit his head, its not ruutu's fault that erat is shorter than him

they said controversy not dirty, what they say after that is probably gonna be a different story

Commentators are going to superimpose a third arm and claim that Ruutu elbowed Erat.

Commentators are going to superimpose a third arm and claim that Ruutu elbowed Erat.

Or a certain Pred fan will come by with a heavily edited clip to prove that the hit was dirty :D

That was a shoulder to shoulder hit to Erat's front AND he knew Ruutuu was coming. Only thing illegal about that hit was that it was interference, but no authorized referee made that call. A linesmen made the penalty call instead. Play was probably going to be called dead, regardless, since Erat didn't get back up.

Or a certain Pred fan will come by with a heavily edited clip to prove that the hit was dirty

Haha ... well played.

Didn't look as bad on the replay as it did live, but it was a bit late. Erat missed the last two regular season games with the dreaded "upper body injury" so maybe it's a reaggravation of a prior injury?

Word on twitter from local Preds beat writer was that Erat had been taken to the "quiet room" as required by the NHL when head injury occurs. Bad news for the Preds if he's out in Game 5.

I'll give the Ducks their due ... you PP just kills us ... still feel we're the better team 5 on 5 but we can't seem to stay out of the penalty box. I knew we needed the first goal in the third period after rallying to tie at three ... Ducks came out and stepped on our throat.

The dirtiest play of the night was Tootoo's attempt to cross check Lydman in the face...

Marchant getting the call when he was semi-boarded early in the 1st period was the result of Murray speaking out...

Haha ... well played.

Didn't look as bad on the replay as it did live, but it was a bit late. Erat missed the last two regular season games with the dreaded "upper body injury" so maybe it's a reaggravation of a prior injury?

Word on twitter from local Preds beat writer was that Erat had been taken to the "quiet room" as required by the NHL when head injury occurs. Bad news for the Preds if he's out in Game 5.

I'll give the Ducks their due ... you PP just kills us ... still feel we're the better team 5 on 5 but we can't seem to stay out of the penalty box. I knew we needed the first goal in the third period after rallying to tie at three ... Ducks came out and stepped on our throat.

the game was taken control of when the "sissy" scored that shorty

Haha ... well played.

You folks "FEEL" you're better 5 on 5? Are you kidding me?!

Nashville is absolutely better even strength. It's not even close.

Anaheim wins games on the strength of the best first line in hockey, the power play, and to a lesser extent on the PK and in net.

NHL On The Fly keeps using the word "Controversial" as the lead in to the Ducks highlights, then doesn't say another word about Ruutu's hit?

I know it is recorded, but come on!!!!

Did they finally realize it was clean? Not gonna argue whether it was late (maybe a step?), but was a clean hit.

I missed the hit live and haven't seen a replay. I just saw Erat on the ice because I was following the puck. All I could get from Trotz's post game interview was "upper body injury" but he then said he hadn't really had time to get the evaluation yet. He said he'd say more tomorrow about Erat's condition. In the meantime, we just don't know.

I missed the hit live and haven't seen a replay. I just saw Erat on the ice because I was following the puck. All I could get from Trotz's post game interview was "upper body injury" but he then said he hadn't really had time to get the evaluation yet. He said he'd say more tomorrow about Erat's condition. In the meantime, we just don't know.

The hit was late and interference for sure... really don't know what Ruutu was thinking but he's played with rocks in his head for years. That one play could have been pivotal if Nashville capitalized on the subsequent power play.

The hit was late and interference for sure... really don't know what Ruutu was thinking but he's played with rocks in his head for years. That one play could have been pivotal if Nashville capitalized on the subsequent power play.

Not real familiar with Nick Kypreos but he tweeted this a few minutes ago:

With #Ducks #Preds playing Gm 5 Friday nite, expect #NHL disciplinary hearing Thurs afternoon regarding Jarkko Ruutu late hit on Martin Erat

interesting ... wonder if this is just his speculation?

I never saw a hit to the head. And I'm scratching my head, that it could be an upper body injury. I thought there may have been some, knee to knee contact on the hit, and that was why Erat was down for so long. Did he maybe hit his head on the ice, when he came down on the ice?

I never saw a hit to the head. And I'm scratching my head, that it could be an upper body injury. I thought there may have been some, knee to knee contact on the hit, and that was why Erat was down for so long. Did he maybe hit his head on the ice, when he came down on the ice?

Erat's like Visnovsky, he's partially made of glass.

Vishnovsky made of glass? are you kidding me? he has come back from all the injuries that he has suffered the game before and all of them that looked like he could of been out for a while he is right back in the next game. How is he made of glass, he is pretty tough if he is coming back the next game every time.

So, he is just above DiPietro and just below Gaborik? As for Kypreos, I would imagine that it is just speculation. If there is a hearing, it may just be a formality.

I'm really confused as to how he got hurt. Legitimately - I'm not trying to be purposefully obtuse. It looked like a shoulder to shoulder check. It was definitely late and deserved an interference penalty (although it's incredible that neither ref made a call, including the guy standing ten feet away from the play), but dirty? I don't even think it deserved a "controversial" tag.

I'll admit, the first thing I thought was "dive." After Erat stayed down, I don't think that's true, but I'm still really confused as to where in that play he got injured. I didn't see any contact with the head.

Vishnovsky made of glass? are you kidding me? he has come back from all the injuries that he has suffered the game before and all of them that looked like he could of been out for a while he is right back in the next game. How is he made of glass, he is pretty tough if he is coming back the next game every time.

Visnovsky in 10 seasons in the league, has had 4 seasons with 80 games. He definitely isn't a league iron man.