The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samerine2001

Nhl Network Is A Joke

Seems Bettman and/or Campbell has told the network to not even acknowledge that this series exists.

They spent 10 minutes going over the Philly-Buf game tonight after a lead in from Kent French that lasted all of 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.

Even though Versus has both games tonight as a doubleheader they had their little teaser on NHL Live and, what a suprise, they don't say one word about the Ducks-Preds, spent all of it on the Eastern game.

Sent this email to NHL Live:

What are you guys afraid of?

You start off talking about the Philly-Buf series and all the games last night, outside of a minute with Kent French you do nothing else about the Ducks-Preds series.

Last time I checked these two teams are still part of the NHL, or did they get sent down to the AHL and just never told the fans.

Is the NHL front office (Campbell?) telling you guys to stay away. By all means don't do something to upset King Colin.

You guys have probably talked about this series for all of 5 minutes this week.

Now your going to talk to Babcock? You've got over a week to talk to him before they even play another game!!!!

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!

It's a business and they're playing to the numbers. They can argue that they gave only 5 minutes to Anaheim/Nashville because only 5 people out of 100 cared... and they would likely be right.

If you really want that to change, Anaheim will need to exponentially increase it's fan base. All the complaining in the world isn't going to change the numbers, and the numbers dictate the networks coverage.

It's a business and they're playing to the numbers. They can argue that they gave only 5 minutes to Anaheim/Nashville because only 5 people out of 100 cared... and they would likely be right.

If you really want that to change, Anaheim will need to exponentially increase it's fan base. All the complaining in the world isn't going to change the numbers, and the numbers dictate the networks coverage.

Got an answer for everything Z? This isn't rocket science and run a business myself, though obviously not to the scale of the NHL. When they spend more than 10 minutes a day for a 2 hour show on pure fluff there is no reason they can't spend more time on a playoff series.

This is not just a Anaheim thing, Nashville fans are involved too. And before you reply, I am smart enough to understand they are a smaller market.

I have been around hockey long enough to understand they will spend quite a bit more time on Montreal, Rangers, Caps, etc than on the Ducks. Got no problem with that.

If they can't spend 5 minutes on game day on the game then there is a problem.

As I write this, they finally are covering the game so will reserve further comment!!!!

Maybe the email worked (Yeah right)

LOVE YA ZTHER!!!!!