Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

New Nhl Uniforms For 2011/2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Several teams are changing uniforms next season or adding new alternates. Here's what I could find:

Tampa Bay Lightning
Posted Image

Nashville Predators
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edmonton Oilers
Posted Image

Los Angeles Douche
Posted Image

I think Edmonton's is awesome. Tampa looks too much like if the Maple Leafs and Red Wings had a child. Nashville's are better than what they've been wearing, but that's not saying much at all.. I think they're terrible. And the Kings jersey is just plain boring. No colour at all! The pacific is already the blackest/colourless division in the league! Why make it worse?

Your thoughts?

#2 NewfieDuck

NewfieDuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Love both of the Tampa jerseys. I wish the Ducks would have old-time style jerseys like that.. I also like the white Nashville jersey

#3 ComeBackTeemu

ComeBackTeemu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

Nahsville's is the best imo. They really incorporated their city nicely. The collar and guitar pic is awesome. What's so cool about the Oilers jersey? The Tampa jersey looks like some alien logo.

#4 Kings_Attack

Kings_Attack

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

Good on Nashville for thinking outside the box....and the gold is nice; the last time they went with a yellow-like color on the spectrum, they ended up with mustard!

TB's is so simple and beautiful; their franchise understands making jerseys.

The Kings are nice...unfortunately, for once I have reason to compliment dastardly Los Angeles.

The road version of nearly all jerseys tends to be the nicer one...alternate jerseys again League-wide!

#5 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

Forgot one!

Florida Panthers
Posted Image

#6 1anaheim

1anaheim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

and Anaheim got one of the worst logos and uniforms...

#7 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

and Anaheim got one of the worst logos and uniforms...

In the end, it's all subjective but I couldn't disagree more with you. I think the webbed D is decent and is certainly better than a lot of logos in the league. The main uniform set is a bit plain and the wordmark isn't as strong a crest logo as the D, I'll admit but I think it could be much much worse.. Look at the Stars, the threads Nashville just ditched, BOLTS and SENS for evidence. Plus, I'm sorta glad we haven't jumped on the whole vintage bandwagon. The vintage white colour Minnesota and Phoenix are using reminds me of how my puke looks after 8 beers and 4 glasses of whisky.

Edited by PetrSykora, 07 August 2011 - 07:39 PM.

#8 Sojourn

Sojourn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

I'm torn on the Tampa Bay ones. The whites are nice. The blue on it has a nice sheen that adds something. But the darks just seem bland without it.

I have a similar problem with the Nashville jerseys. The whites look good, but the darks just seem to blend together and it looks a bit boring.

#9 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,415 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

I actually like Anaheim's regulars. Nothing spectacular while not being terrible.

I definitely do not like the new Nashville home colors. I know it's supposed to be gold, but it looks like a poo-stain mustard in my eyes. The inside collar is a nice touch though, that's actually pretty neat.

The Kings look good. I do like that one.

For the Bolts, I'm neutral. It neither wow's nor repulses me.

#10 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

According to Icethetics, nothing official yet, we should expect to see these (or something very similar) also next season:

New York Islanders:
Posted Image

Ottawa Senators:
Posted Image

Toronto Maple Leafs:
Posted Image

Also, they're not new but apparently these jerseys will be promoted to alternate status for the Pittsburgh Penguins:
Posted Image

What do Ducks fans think of these?

Edited by PetrSykora, 22 August 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#11 Kings_Attack

Kings_Attack

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Not to get off-topic, but that doesn't look like Sidney Crosby!

#12 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Not to get off-topic, but that doesn't look like Sidney Crosby!

Now that you mention it, I can't see the resemblence at all!

#13 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,766 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

According to Icethetics, nothing official yet, we should expect to see these (or something very similar) also next season:

New York Islanders:
Posted Image

Ottawa Senators:
Posted Image

Toronto Maple Leafs:
Posted Image

Also, they're not new but apparently these jerseys will be promoted to alternate status for the Pittsburgh Penguins:
Posted Image

What do Ducks fans think of these?

Ottawa and Toronto's are GORGEOUS. True hockey sweaters...

#14 Sojourn

Sojourn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

Islanders' are hideous, but definitely agree on Toronto and Montreal.

And I would say too many light blue lines on the Pens jersey. The logo has got to be screaming about personal space violation.

#15 NewfieDuck

NewfieDuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

Islanders jersey is absolutely disgusting! Worst combination of colors I've ever seen on a hockey jersey, I hope they don't actually use those..

Agree on the Leafs and Ottawa ones though. Great jerseys.

#16 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

I am going to agree with everyone else here. Ottawa and Toronto have two great sweaters. The same can't be said for New York. They got it right the first time when they entered the NHL. The Islanders first and current jerseys are classics. The rest, not so much. Their track record when it comes to designing jerseys is probably worse than ours. I'd take Wild Wing bursting through the ice over a fisherman who looks like he deserves to be on a salmon package with the late 60's LSD striping and colors and unintelligible font. While their new alternate is nowhere near as bad as that rebrand, I think it's still hideous.

#17 knockout

knockout

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:31 AM

I like the Florida Panthers Jersey. Pittsburgh's jersey is awful as I still like the retro baby blue one best. I hate to say it but I like this Kings jersey in white. I hated their purple trimmed crown ones. No style just like the team. As for the rest of them, I have really no opinion athough the piano key collar is nice on the Preds. Too bad you can't see it as it is inside the jersey.

Edited by knockout, 24 August 2011 - 08:32 AM.

#18 PetrSykora

PetrSykora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

Winnipeg Jets are to be introducing their new uniforms tomorrow. Let's hope it's something ultramegasuperspecial :)

#19 Iheartducks

Iheartducks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

#20 NewfieDuck

NewfieDuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

Very nice jerseys..

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   NHL TicketExchange  Site Map AdChoices