Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Getzlaf: Captain No More

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#1 angelus99

angelus99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

After tonight dumb penalty by Getzlaf in OT, I think he should be stripped of being Captain. He been taking to many dumb penalty for a Captain of a team. He has no leadership quality. He doesn't fire up his teammates. He doesn't go after the puck when it get close to him. I have had enough of him being the captain of our great team. He doesn't deserve to wear the letter "C" anymore. He has hurt our team more then help our team after the Stanley Cup. Get rid of this poser. Trade him.

#2 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Yes, it was horrible... but when was the last time you saw a referee call that in the beginning of overtime?

#3 angelus99

angelus99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

the unsportsman like conduct against Getzlaf was really stupid but the first one against him was his fault. He can't take a dumb penalty like that in OT. it doesn't matter if it in the beggining of OT or close to the end of OT. You can't take any dumb penalty which put your team down 4 on 3 in OT. The Ducks can't seem to hold on to a lead. they were up 3-0 and gave up 4 goals. there need to be a big shake up in the locker room. there need to be a big or blockbuster trade.

#4 navyduck

navyduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

When is the last time you ever see an official call a double minor on someone in OT that wasn't a high stick that drew blood?

#5 KidIsh

KidIsh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Getzlaf gets the extra two but Jagr, who threw an even bigger b*tch-fit in the third after his really obvious hook [with no dive], got nothing added.

Consistency.

#6 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

the unsportsman like conduct against Getzlaf was really stupid but the first one against him was his fault. He can't take a dumb penalty like that in OT. it doesn't matter if it in the beggining of OT or close to the end of OT. You can't take any dumb penalty which put your team down 4 on 3 in OT. The Ducks can't seem to hold on to a lead. they were up 3-0 and gave up 4 goals. there need to be a big shake up in the locker room. there need to be a big or blockbuster trade.

He played fine up to that point and it was the unsportsmanlike penalty, which is NEVER CALLED that did the team in. Fact is, with a three goal lead it never should have came to that. Huge mistakes in their own end, Ryan came to the rink with the same rubber stick he's been playing with all season, dumb penalties (Getzlaf wasn't the only one), a weak powerplay, extremely poor play in their own end, panicking under pressure...

They need more talent, particularly on the blueline.

#7 angelus99

angelus99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

the second minor was stupid because Getzlaf didn't like the first penalty and cuss out the referee. the referee decided that oh this playing is using profanity at me and i should give him a unsportsman like conduct. hey stupid referee, you are supposed to be a neutral. other players and coaches cuss you out and do you give them a unsportsman like conduct. NOOOO. you decided to give it to Getzlaf. Maybe that referee is a Flyers Fan and also made a bet on the game.

#8 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

the second minor was stupid because Getzlaf didn't like the first penalty and cuss out the referee. the referee decided that oh this playing is using profanity at me and i should give him a unsportsman like conduct. hey stupid referee, you are supposed to be a neutral. other players and coaches cuss you out and do you give them a unsportsman like conduct. NOOOO. you decided to give it to Getzlaf. Maybe that referee is a Flyers Fan and also made a bet on the game.

I don't know if it was stupid, but it was a call that's never made. When was the last time anyone saw a double minor at the start of OT in a NHL hockey game that didn't involve blood or teeth?

"Getting a 4-on-3 in overtime, it's got to be murder," said Selanne, who scored his ninth goal of the season. "That's unbelievable. I don't know what the first penalty was, but the second one -- why did he give him the extra penalty and give him four minutes? Why did he have to blow the game? You can't take criticism? I've been in this league for 20 years and I've never seen that before."

Uh, 19 years Teemu! Get it straight. =)

#9 Kanauhtli

Kanauhtli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

Uh, 19 years Teemu! Get it straight. =)

I think Teemu just announced that he's coming back next season, he can't look like a liar.

#10 Freakle

Freakle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:20 AM

extremely poor play in their own end, panicking under pressure...

They need more talent, particularly on the blueline.

don't know about that. i think the team did fine, our defensive corps had a stellar night.
the only 5on5 GA was on the Getzlaf line where Bobby refused to pick um hartnell.

#11 IrishPucker

IrishPucker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

don't know about that. i think the team did fine, our defensive corps had a stellar night.
the only 5on5 GA was on the Getzlaf line where Bobby refused to pick um hartnell.

I don't know about stellar, There were some shinning moments and some memorable individual efforts from the blue line for sure, but was it 47 shots on goal by the end of the night? I guess with 9 penalties you'll see a lot of SOG but for at least two that got past Hiller - he was put into situations no amount of talent could remedy. Hiller had probably his best night of the year despite giving up four goals - Defense still has some work to do. But overall I agree the team looked better and it was obvious most of that came from a new mental perspective.

I still think one of the Ducks main issues stems from our first line being a very emotional group - more so than any other group of players I can think of. They play with their hearts on their sleeves and always have.

Edited by IrishPucker, 03 December 2011 - 04:01 AM.

#12 navyduck

navyduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:24 AM

I don't know about stellar, There were some shinning moments and some memorable individual efforts from the blue line for sure, but was it 47 shots on goal by the end of the night? I guess with 9 penalties you'll see a lot of SOG but for at least two that got past Hiller - he was put into situations no amount of talent could remedy. Hiller had probably his best night of the year despite giving up four goals - Defense still has some work to do. But overall I agree the team looked better and it was obvious most of that came from a new mental perspective.

I still think one of the Ducks main issues stems from our first line being a very emotional group - more so than any other group of players I can think of. They play with their hearts on their sleeves and always have.

Just remember that 20 of the 47 shots were on the pp. I think the D did the best they could do tonight given the circumstances that happened tonight.

The initial call against Getz in OT looked to me like Getz was trying to take the body and it was skate to skate contact, Hartnell flew like the little bitch that he is and drew the call. (mind you I still need to re-watch it to make sure, so I could be wrong) Getz, being frustrated, smacks his stick against the glass and all of a sudden he gets an unsportsmanlike penalty on top of it? That right there is an official who wants to be seen and doesn't care who notices.

I will say this though. I give props for the PK in OT for killing 3 minutes of that. That is pretty insane.

#13 Spike81

Spike81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

a month ago I want that Getz get tradet and I was a stupid man and troll for everyone...
this is the only positive thing, that I was right and now the most of the fans want him away!
he played one acceptable game, this was the 4:1-win against the Cans! And this isn't enought for a 5-mio-player and captain!

#14 HockeyIzCool

HockeyIzCool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

Neither of these things is going to happen. Getzlaf is not going to get traded, and he is going to remain the captain.

There is nobody else who wants the title, and Getzlaf has said that he wanted it since before Scottie even left the team. Selanne doesn't want to be captain. He has not been happy with being captain each time he's been captain, like when Kariya was holding out.

Koivu is the only other person I could see that they could give it to, and I'm thinking that's not likely, since he's probably a prime candidate for trade, should the Ducks not improve quickly.

#15 dux4cup

dux4cup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

Getzlaf is not going to get traded

Until Wednesday, we agreed on this 100%, but Murray just fired his close friend, Getzlaf's trade value at the deadline will be enormous, and Murray was at visible pains in his presser to emphasize Ryan wasn't the only one he got calls about. Ryan's locked up long-term, and Getzlaf's trade value next year drops to very little compared to what another team will think he can contribute in their 2012 playoffs and as a marketing boost for the 2012-13 season.

Wanting the title and living the title are sadly different, and the price is being paid by a lot of different people.

Only three players with their names on the Hart are not in the Hall of Fame.

#16 ayrton2388

ayrton2388

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

I totally agree. I really don`t think Getzlaf is captain material. I always thought Saku Koivu should be the Ducks` captain. Thing is, if you wanna motive Getzlaf, you shouldn`t give him an "A", neither. And i really think that would be the best solution.

#17 IEDuckfans

IEDuckfans

• Moderators
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

I think Teemu just announced that he's coming back next season, he can't look like a liar.

You have MY attention....did he make a comment or is there a link??

#18 Heyd007

Heyd007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

Is this guy begging to get out of here or what?
What else does he have to do to get traded? He is undoubtedly the worst leader I've ever seen and the cause of more harm than good. (maybe he should consider politics)
How many of you are as sick as I am of reading in this forum that the referees are our to get us? When you hurl a profanity at the referee he has options to throw you out with a game misconduct, can give you 10 or 2 which is completely at his discretion. And when you take an unnecessary lazy undisciplined action against the opposition they have to call that too.
Getzlafs lazy undisciplined play in only overshadowed by his lack of leadership ability and his "cry baby" style of playing. Why doesen't he impose his will and size on the opposition instead of the zebras? Is he just stupid or intentionally trying to get a one way pass outta here?

THe team looked inspired for the most part and you've got to feel sorry for our new coach getting beaten by his very own captain with two minor penalties in friggen overtime.
Getzlaf, you are a disgrace to our team and I can't wait to see you elsewhere!!!!

This season is not lost yet...but Getzy is certainly working on it!

#19 NewfieDuck

NewfieDuck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Why are you not banned yet? You have not one made post on this board that hasn't been a useless rant.

Let me put it straight for you (since you have trouble understanding english apparently):

- Getzlaf is NOT going to get traded.

- Trading him is NOT going to help this team.

Give it a rest.

#20 gilligoos

gilligoos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

Is this guy begging to get out of here or what?
What else does he have to do to get traded? He is undoubtedly the worst leader I've ever seen and the cause of more harm than good. (maybe he should consider politics)
How many of you are as sick as I am of reading in this forum that the referees are our to get us? When you hurl a profanity at the referee he has options to throw you out with a game misconduct, can give you 10 or 2 which is completely at his discretion. And when you take an unnecessary lazy undisciplined action against the opposition they have to call that too.
Getzlafs lazy undisciplined play in only overshadowed by his lack of leadership ability and his "cry baby" style of playing. Why doesen't he impose his will and size on the opposition instead of the zebras? Is he just stupid or intentionally trying to get a one way pass outta here?

THe team looked inspired for the most part and you've got to feel sorry for our new coach getting beaten by his very own captain with two minor penalties in friggen overtime.
Getzlaf, you are a disgrace to our team and I can't wait to see you elsewhere!!!!

This season is not lost yet...but Getzy is certainly working on it!

I agree that getzy crossed the line but blowing a 3 goal lead can't rest solely on his shoulders. He had a very impressive game. He backchecked, hit players, and played well offensively. Id pick a guy like that on my team any day of the week. Bottomline...the game should not have gone to OT. Come on...bobby looked bad on that flyers third goal.

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices