Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Message Board Css Is Jacked

12 posts in this topic

You are probably aware that the MB has some style sheet issues. I'm guessing one of the CSS is corrupt or has been deleted or overwritten.

1 person likes this

they want to make it harder to post criticism. this is becoming a joke and i thought ducks play was lame.

"this is becoming"??? Are you insinuating this happens all the time? Hey...if you aren't happy that a board may have issues from time to time..maybe you should ask for a refund...oh wait...this is a free site... never mind. Every board has issues every now and then. Log off....and come back later. Problem solved.

1 person likes this

"this is becoming"??? Are you insinuating this happens all the time? Hey...if you aren't happy that a board may have issues from time to time..maybe you should ask for a refund...oh wait...this is a free site... never mind. Every board has issues every now and then. Log off....and come back later. Problem solved.

Positiveducky gets upset when he has nowhere to post his positivity.

5 people like this

I apologize for the messed up screens again, but unfortunately a lot of it is beyond my control.

All is not lost though. Read on if you want to find a way around the impossible to read screens.

When these CSS or style sheet issues happen, there is a way to still utilize the message board, it just won't have the Ducks Flashy Flashy stuff.

Down at the very bottom of the page you will see a drop down box that says Ducks in it. When the board is messed up, you can click on this drop down, and select IP Board. It will utilize the board in a very generic, vanilla screen setup. You will still have all functionality for the message board, just not the fancy Ducks backgrounds, and all the shortcut drop-downs from the regular Ducks website.

Hope that helps. I don't know why this keeps happening, and I have been trying to find out how to rectify it. With a little luck, they will pass the info on so I can repair it without having to wait for someone at the NHL to fix it.

Admin Ken

5 people like this

I apologize for the messed up screens again, but unfortunately a lot of it is beyond my control.

All is not lost though. Read on if you want to find a way around the impossible to read screens.

When these CSS or style sheet issues happen, there is a way to still utilize the message board, it just won't have the Ducks Flashy Flashy stuff.

Down at the very bottom of the page you will see a drop down box that says Ducks in it. When the board is messed up, you can click on this drop down, and select IP Board. It will utilize the board in a very generic, vanilla screen setup. You will still have all functionality for the message board, just not the fancy Ducks backgrounds, and all the shortcut drop-downs from the regular Ducks website.

Hope that helps. I don't know why this keeps happening, and I have been trying to find out how to rectify it. With a little luck, they will pass the info on so I can repair it without having to wait for someone at the NHL to fix it.

Admin Ken

Great fix Ken. Thanks!

Not only is it a great fix, I think I'm also going to use the vanilla board full-time. Cleaner and faster :)

I went the same route.

Not only is it a great fix, I think I'm also going to use the vanilla board full-time. Cleaner and faster :)

I'm on there now. I agree, it's not as cool as the regular board, but it's easy on the eyes. It's so random, every once and a while I go on the MB and it's all blacked out. Thanks to Mr Admin for pointing out the other option! Without that, I would just stay off the boards until they were back to normal... I almost had to get a life!!! Phew, close one!

3 people like this

Wow, I switched over too and love it. Yeah it's not as fancy but it has no problems. Thanks!

Admin Ken

Thank you! If this post could be stickied and locked for future reference...that would be wonderful. It's always good to have the workarounds.

I imagine this has something to do with updating the website's wallpapers for the recent roster changes?