Sign in with your NHL account:
  • Submit
  • Or
  • Sign in with Google

Photo

Nhl Next Year & Teemu?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 capogtrman

capogtrman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:57 AM

I hear there are some quarrels up there in some of the League´s top offices and quarters, about the league next year. I don´t even know, but I bet it has something to do with money. In the worst scenario they might not even play at all next season.
Anybody else heard about this, or have I bumped my head or something recently?

Would be a crime against nature if Selanne had to retire against his will for something like this.
He seems pretty willing to play another season, but it might not be in his hands anymore, should they screw things up somewhere with their negotiations. Whatever they are.

I recently read somewhere Teemu thinks their trip to Europe early this season wasnt such a good idea after all, it only beat them up and wore them down somehow. Greatly affecting his (and the whole team´s) game early this season.

They´re all hungry to get back next season, and get their vengeance.

#2 XHockeyX

XHockeyX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

Yes I also heard there's possibility of a lockout, it might not be next season yet but could happen in the future.

#3 Getz2perry

Getz2perry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

I have friends and family that still wont watch hockey because of the last lockout. :\

#4 AustinDuck27

AustinDuck27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,805 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Between the league, owners, and players (Fehr) I think a compromise can be reached. Rolling back the cap would help some owners, but would impact the players salary. Allowing the cap to go up again (as it would under the current CBA) would help the players salary, but works against some owners and begins to undermine the original intent of the salary cap from the last lockout. I think the ideal thing would be to freeze the cap to avoid further burying budget teams, while making some kind of concession for the top spenders to have some wiggle room.

I don't know what exactly the players are after, or if they are simply trying to defend their earning potential. If Fehr decides to push for a removal of the salary cap, then lockout here we come.

#5 semipro

semipro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Had lunch a few feet from Teemu & fam today. I leaned over and told his wife, "one more year"...she said, " I told him no". Food for thought, but I think he'll try once more.

#6 Spencer_12

Spencer_12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

She's been wanting him to stay home for a few years now.

#7 RobD360

RobD360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Between the league, owners, and players (Fehr) I think a compromise can be reached. Rolling back the cap would help some owners, but would impact the players salary. Allowing the cap to go up again (as it would under the current CBA) would help the players salary, but works against some owners and begins to undermine the original intent of the salary cap from the last lockout. I think the ideal thing would be to freeze the cap to avoid further burying budget teams, while making some kind of concession for the top spenders to have some wiggle room.

I don't know what exactly the players are after, or if they are simply trying to defend their earning potential. If Fehr decides to push for a removal of the salary cap, then lockout here we come.

I'm wondering who's side the majority of fans (customer) sides with? The owners or the players? I for one think that since I help pay the players salary that I would like to curb some of the insane salaries the league has begun generating and help keep a small market team like ours to stay competitive. Is there a poll somewhere that lists what the fans would like?

How do people on this board feel?

#8 ZTHER

ZTHER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,417 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm wondering who's side the majority of fans (customer) sides with? The owners or the players? I for one think that since I help pay the players salary that I would like to curb some of the insane salaries the league has begun generating and help keep a small market team like ours to stay competitive. Is there a poll somewhere that lists what the fans would like?

How do people on this board feel?

I'm almost always with the owners. They have the biggest stakes, they shoulder the most risk, and they provide the opportunity... so they should get the bigger piece of the pie...

#9 Sojourn

Sojourn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm almost always with the owners. They have the biggest stakes, they shoulder the most risk, and they provide the opportunity... so they should get the bigger piece of the pie...

This. Not to mention the salary cap has gone up every year, and at a pace that just isn't sustainable. The money isn't being spread around either. It's all still going to the top talent. There needs to be a better balance, or the salary cap might as well not exist at all(which is not a good thing).

#10 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,412 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'll side with the owners. Specifically for Sojourn's line of reasoning. Keeping the cap situation under control. I couldn't care less about the owners.

#11 Sojourn

Sojourn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Some people clearly don't like me.

#12 poum

poum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,412 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

It makes for a fun drinking game! And you clearly haven't been offending people enough with your opinions and so forth. My game has been slow lately.

#13 ThE_DaVe

ThE_DaVe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

She's been wanting him to stay home for a few years now.

I thought for sure he would retire after his daughter was born...wasnt that like 2 seasons ago? :lol:

#14 ike-1

ike-1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

The cap is fine, the problem is the contracts. The GMs found the loop hole with signing long contracts, inflated in the front. This is the exact same thing as before the salary cap. Big market teams ice teams they BUY. If they limit the length of contracts to say 5 years they eliminate that. Or have a minimum decrease every year like. 6 - 5.5 - 5 - etc.. not 12 - 8 - 5 - 1 ... This will keep the salary cap honest enough for low market teams to stay competitive.

Also get rid of three point games! or wining in regulation = 3 pts

#15 DUCKSDOC

DUCKSDOC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

I think that they should have a "luxury" tax similar to MLB BUT without a "no limit" cap ( i.e. Yankees, Boston. etc.) . Then the money is spread among the teams that t don't spend to the cap. Also they contracts have to get fixed - all of those ten year + contracts have to be fixed. Also the dodge around by using the IR status indefinitely ( i.e. Pronger et al ) must be eliminated. IMHO

#16 Guest_KyleJanak_*

Guest_KyleJanak_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

No not really its just how you respond to the MB. If you talk bad about the Ducks or the fans then everybody blames that person that is why I take my time and think about what I am about to say before I post. :)

#17 Guest_KyleJanak_*

Guest_KyleJanak_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

I was being respectful and kind I can't believe some one would do that. :(

#18 wataduk

wataduk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

No not really its just how you respond to the MB. If you talk bad about the Ducks or the fans then everybody blames that person that is why I take my time and think about what I am about to say before I post. :)

ROFL Apparently you did not take nearly enough time prior to this post.

:lol:

#19 Guest_KyleJanak_*

Guest_KyleJanak_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

ROFL Apparently you did not take nearly enough time prior to this post.

:lol:

Maybe not enough time but I can tell you this. I always wanted to go to the Honda Center and watch the Ducks especially Selanne and was my dream to do so. :( But I can't because we are really struggling and don't have any money to go to Anaheim and the only time I can watch the Ducks is on TV and most of them is blackouts :angry: But I want to go see them in person and also be a part of their team one day so apparently you have time but I don't and this site makes me really close to the Ducks. :angry: And all this came from my HEART not my mind.

Edited by KyleJanak, 23 April 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#20 Guest_KyleJanak_*

Guest_KyleJanak_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Sorry I'll try harder. :lol:

AnaheimDucks.com is the official Web site of the Anaheim Ducks. Anaheim Ducks and AnaheimDucks.com are trademarks of Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. Copyright © 1999-2013 Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC and the National Hockey League. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy     Contact Us    Jobs     Honda Center    Corporate Partnerships   Terms of Use   Site Map AdChoices