The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

What about Rakell + Gibson for Draisaitl? Too much? Would it be worth it?? Would Edmonton be down?

I feel like the money would work out.....i dunno lol

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

What about Rakell + Gibson for Draisaitl? Too much? Would it be worth it?? Would Edmonton be down?

without Rakell maybe. play Draisaitl in the same line with McDavid? if yes, he is overrated. if no, I would be okay with Gibson vs Draitsaitl. but before the ED its not a good deal, so you have one offense player more to protect...

Edited by Spike1981

11 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

We’re at the 50 contract limit and have no cap space for him. Bob has tied this franchise’s hands this season.

Also, why would we want him?  He seems like another 3rd liner.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

No way in hell does Edmonton do that.  Maybe if you add Zegras and our 1st round pick for the next five years. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

No way in hell does Edmonton do that.  Maybe if you add Zegras and our 1st round pick for the next five years. 

Yeah, Draisaitl isn’t going anywhere. McDavid-Draisaitl is basically the new Crosby-Malkin, but in Edmonton so they’re assured of not winning anything.

1 hour ago, gotchabari said:

Not that we would, but he’s a warm body on a very cheap expiring contract that can fill a hole for a team that is selling off players at the trade deadline. Basically the reason Vancouver grabbed him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

haha awww...that wouln't be worth it for us lol although...no no, probably not lol

9 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

without Rakell maybe. play Draisaitl in the same line with McDavid? if yes, he is overrated. if no, I would be okay with Gibson vs Draitsaitl. but before the ED its not a good deal, so you have one offense player more to protect...

yeah, we can go ahead and expose any forward if we have Draisaitl lol i wouldn't care. Draisaitl isn't overrated, I'd say.

They really will need a goalie for the playoffs...and we really have the best goalie of any team that's not gonna be contending for the playoffs in any meaningful way for a few seasons...

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Yeah, Draisaitl isn’t going anywhere. McDavid-Draisaitl is basically the new Crosby-Malkin, but in Edmonton so they’re assured of not winning anything.

it's just so sad! The pens also had Letang and Fleury....

11 hours ago, gotchabari said:

he might be useful for sweetening a trade.  he might also be better than some/most our regular bottom 6 Fs.

• Like 1

all talk about the trades would be prior the deadline because the quarantane, but there is still nothing going exept a backup goalie for Toronto trade...

when it starts?

With Buffalo doing so poorly and possibly looking to shake things up, any thoughts about the possibility of getting Montour back if he were to become available?

1 hour ago, Belarus said:

With Buffalo doing so poorly and possibly looking to shake things up, any thoughts about the possibility of getting Montour back if he were to become available?

for an other contract dilemma? no thanks. and he is too old for the rebuild, we need younger and better players.

On 3/20/2021 at 8:55 AM, Belarus said:

Ship Guhle back straight up. Thanks for the pick

The flyers have placed gostisbehere on waivers. I think BM should be all over this. If it doesn´t work out he can be exposed.

8 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

The flyers have placed gostisbehere on waivers. I think BM should be all over this. If it doesn´t work out he can be exposed.

Wow, has he been that bad defensively? I mean, 11 points in 25 games is not great but not awful. That's a slightly better scoring rate than Fowler who is our highest scoring defenseman this season.

$4.5M per season is also not bad for a guy that can play in the top-4. 2 years left on his contract. There must be a few teams that would look seriously at him.

He can't be any worse than Larsson.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:06 PM, Fisix said:

he might be useful for sweetening a trade.  he might also be better than some/most our regular bottom 6 Fs.

Doesn't appear that way.  He's a rental, anyhow.  

1 hour ago, DucksFan_08 said:

With what cap space? He has a $4.5M cap number and It already looks to me like Eakins is having to ice sub-optimal lineups due to the cap crunch we are in. 

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

With what cap space? He has a $4.5M cap number and It already looks to me like Eakins is having to ice sub-optimal lineups due to the cap crunch we are in. 

This could be terrible timing for Philly to do this while Florida is sitting there in need and with cap space!

• Like 1

Word on the street is because Ekblad went down, Predators playing well and their big Dmen may be off the market for now, that Josh Manson’s value has gone up now that he has returned from injury.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Didn't look into our cap situation. Figured with Kesler, Rowney & Lindholm on LTIR we'd be fine. And as Ike posted now may be the time to move Manson. Ekblad out and ekholm possibly out with the predators back in the race. 

7 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Didn't look into our cap situation. Figured with Kesler, Rowney & Lindholm on LTIR we'd be fine. And as Ike posted now may be the time to move Manson. Ekblad out and ekholm possibly out with the predators back in the race. 

Lindholm isn't out for the season though. He was injured Feb 27th and is expected to miss 6 weeks. When Lindholm comes back, I think our available LTIR will be much less than what it would take to add GhostBear.

I mean, I'd almost want to pick up Ghost Bear just for the sake of letting him be exposed and let Seattle take him over any one else haha (although....I mean, not over like Larsson or someone like him)

On 3/30/2021 at 10:50 PM, ike-1 said:

Word on the street is because Ekblad went down, Predators playing well and their big Dmen may be off the market for now, that Josh Manson’s value has gone up now that he has returned from injury.

Really?....Just wonder IF Florida Wants Josh they need to send to us Ducks Mackenize Weegar,2nd Rd Pick and Prospect.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, MooseDuck said:

Really?....Just wonder IF Florida Wants Josh they need to send to us Ducks Mackenize Weegar,2nd Rd Pick and Prospect.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

They're short Dmen, that's why they'd be even thinking Manson.  They wouldn't send a Dman in return and still be short.

46 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

They're short Dmen, that's why they'd be even thinking Manson.  They wouldn't send a Dman in return and still be short.

Good Point....just wondering if Ducks should kick tires on some forwards.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I think what we need to do is find a team looking for the playoffs this season....BUT will LIKELY be very bad the FOLLOWING season...and pry their 2022 1st (unprotected) from them....lol so what playoff potential team is probably showing signs they are better than they really are right now? Or about to fall off a cliff?

Florida? Pittsburgh? Columbus? Arizona? Winnipeg? Montreal? Calgary?

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I think what we need to do is find a team looking for the playoffs this season....BUT will LIKELY be very bad the FOLLOWING season...and pry their 2022 1st (unprotected) from them....lol so what playoff potential team is probably showing signs they are better than they really are right now? Or about to fall off a cliff?

Florida? Pittsburgh? Columbus? Arizona? Winnipeg? Montreal? Calgary?

The next 3 games for the Blues will be big. Maybe we could land Beauvillier from the Islanders for either Rakell or Manson .

Svechnikov (DET) on waivers today. Since we're now ok with collecting Russians, I kinda want GMBM to grab him, just to make me feel like we gave up Djoos for something:lol:

• Like 1