Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Recommended Posts

Both Mete of Montreal and Vatanen are on waivers. Both guys ducks have been linked to/rumored to be/these forums wanted. Could get both for free. Make trades and grab them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ike-1 said:

Both Mete of Montreal and Vatanen are on waivers. Both guys ducks have been linked to/rumored to be/these forums wanted. Could get both for free. Make trades and grab them.

This organization doesn’t makes moves that make sense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Victor Mete is on waivers. We better be claiming him. He’s exactly the type of player we want and he’s free. Don’t be cheap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Belarus said:

Anyone want to take bets that BM does absolutely nothing by the trade deadline?

Teams are making inquiries about Manson, Hakanpaa and Rakell. Anybody else is unreadable due to their huge contracts or limited NHL level skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Victor Mete is on waivers. We better be claiming him. He’s exactly the type of player we want and he’s free. Don’t be cheap 

small, left-handed, non-physical defensemen with average skills. No, thank you, we already have enough warm bodies on this roster.

Edited by FanSince1993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FanSince1993 said:

small, left-handed, non-physical defensemen with average skills. No, thank you, we already have enough warm bodies on this roster.

This isn’t 1985. He’s young, smart, puck moving, and a great skater. He’s also free. Grt Larsson and Hutton the hell off this team. Worst case scenarios waive him. 
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can assure you this teams problem isn’t a lack of grit. It’s the absolute buffoonery that happens in our own zone with the puck. Get guys who can get the puck out of the zone. Mete can do that. He’s literally free. Larsson and Hutton suck. We pretty much have 1 LhD is who can make something happen in the system and that’s Mahura, who has been banished for whatever reason. We’re not overloading with “depth” we just have AHLers playing in the NHL. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

You could argue these guys would be an instant upgrade to our roster. But do we really want the wins?🤔

I mean Mete is a 22 year old defensemen with NHL caliber skills RIGHT NOW. He’s only making 800k this year. He makes the team better now and later. AND HES FREE

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Hall for peanuts, man Buffalo is absolutely screwed lol

yeeeeah....wow....I mean...i know Hall hasn't had a good season...but it's Hall! and he's been on Buffalo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Boston 🤮 I remember wanting the Ducks to make move when we were contending and they would never 😡

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

To Boston 🤮 I remember wanting the Ducks to make move when we were contending and they would never 😡

What do you mean? Jason Chimera really pushed us over the top.

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I am wrong but Bungling Bob may have played hardball to a point where all the suitors made cheaper deals with other teams.  Boston filled their needs and they were the main name that came up over and over.  Toronto seems to have filled their needs.

The only remaining big name is Carolina and possibly Winnipeg. I have heard with enough cap and need..  Hope he doesnt muck this trade deadline up but its not looking good

Edited by ChopSuey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

yeeeeah....wow....I mean...i know Hall hasn't had a good season...but it's Hall! and he's been on Buffalo!

better you take a second instead of nothing this offseason. the CBJ trades are overpaid, good for CBJ..

almost every team exept Ducks already made a deadline deal... its THAT year to trade away your player because ED Seattle!!! what are you waiting for?!

our BM will make no worthy deal this season. oh I forgot, we made our big trade with Volkov, next season comes the playoffs *ironieoff*

Edited by Spike1981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Belarus said:

Anyone want to take bets that BM does absolutely nothing by the trade deadline?

If there's a broken down 35+ year old defenseman another team wants to unload Barstool Bob will take that deal and give the other team Comtois and this year's 1st round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its also not fair, in California you have 3 hours less time today and must trade shortly after wake up this morning....

but I believe we will trade only Deslauriers, if Pitts still needs him because the Carter trade....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Well, the kings were able to trade Carter who has another year left on his contract lol 

For a 3rd and a 4th.  We should make trades, but we are not in a position where we have to panic and dump players.

If that's the ask, we can wait for summer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

its also not fair, in California you have 3 hours less time today and must trade shortly after wake up this morning....

but I believe we will trade only Deslauriers, if Pitts still needs him because the Carter trade....

I don't believe any GM really goes to bed last night.  They kind of nap between calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

I don't believe any GM really goes to bed last night.  They kind of nap between calls.

the older GMs like BM also you think?

if I am GM and go to bed, I would set 4 or 5 alarm clocks for 6am or so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Well, the kings were able to trade Carter who has another year left on his contract lol 

Foligno (16pts) got a 1st and a 4th. Carter (19pts) got a 3rd and a 4th. The extra year on Carter’s contract brought his price DOWN!!! LOL. There’s no appetite for players with term remaining in a flat cap world leading up to an expansion draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Foligno (16pts) got a 1st and a 4th. Carter (19pts) got a 3rd and a 4th. The extra year on Carter’s contract brought his price DOWN!!! LOL. There’s no appetite for players with term remaining in a flat cap world leading up to an expansion draft.

It’s just funny seeing another team trade a player with term while we have three better less expensive players with it but seemingly can’t or won’t do it. Of course, it all stems from me not having faith in Murray. The weird retraction of the Deslauriers trade that didn’t happen should have been an omen.

Carter will be 37 next year so LA being able to move him and half his salary is good for them. Gives them some more flexibility to possibly sign Iafallo or in free agency. I don’t know if a 36 year old is going to command much in normal times and that if they have term it would lower the return simply because of age.
 

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

It’s just funny seeing another team trade a a player with term while we have three better less expensive players with it but seemingly can’t or won’t do it. Of course, it all stems from me not having faith in Murray. The weird retraction of the Deslauriers trade that didn’t happen should have been an omen.

Carter will be 37 next year so LA being able to move him and half his salary is good for them. Gives them some more flexibility to possibly sign Iafallo or in free agency. I don’t know if a 36 year old is going to command much in normal times and that if they have term it would lower the return simply because of age.
 

Yeah, LA needed to get rid of Carter...desperately. I mean, if you have Rakell, Manson, or Carter on your team...you're prioritizing giving up Carter for whatever you can get lol low risk for the Pens, helps the Kings out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

It’s just funny seeing another team trade a a player with term while we have three better less expensive players with it but seemingly can’t or won’t do it.
 

Well, if it's for a 3rd and 4th, I certainly HOPE we won't do it!

1st and 4th maybe, but that's even borderline when we know we could get more in the summer.

Good for BM for sticking to his guns.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

its also not fair, in California you have 3 hours less time today and must trade shortly after wake up this morning....

but I believe we will trade only Deslauriers, if Pitts still needs him because the Carter trade....

Trade deadline is noon Pacific time, 3pm Eastern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...