The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

55 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

It’s just funny seeing another team trade a player with term while we have three better less expensive players with it but seemingly can’t or won’t do it. Of course, it all stems from me not having faith in Murray. The weird retraction of the Deslauriers trade that didn’t happen should have been an omen.

Carter will be 37 next year so LA being able to move him and half his salary is good for them. Gives them some more flexibility to possibly sign Iafallo or in free agency. I don’t know if a 36 year old is going to command much in normal times and that if they have term it would lower the return simply because of age.

But Pittsburgh likely won’t protect Carter in the ED, so they’re basically treating him as a rental. And if he had been a true rental, the Kings would have gotten more for him. He’s got four more points than Getzlaf does.

Edited by dtsdlaw

1 minute ago, nieder said:

Ottawa claims Mete off waivers.

Before anyone bashes Murray, Ottawa is lower in the standings than the Ducks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the closer we get to the deadline and the more trades I see happening...the less I think we move on of our big trade chips like Manson or Rakell....Heinen maybe...Carrick maybe...Hutton or Hakanpaa maybe...Backes...unlikely...maaaaaaaybe Grant....could see FrecnhyD

Adam Gaudette traded from Vancouver to Chicago. Matthew Highmore going back to Van.

Edited by nieder

Just now, nieder said:

Adam Gaudette traded from Vancouver to Chicago.

Retaliation?

30 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

the closer we get to the deadline and the more trades I see happening...the less I think we move on of our big trade chips like Manson or Rakell....Heinen maybe...Carrick maybe...Hutton or Hakanpaa maybe...Backes...unlikely...maaaaaaaybe Grant....could see FrecnhyD

Bob may have over estimated / misjudged the market

6 minutes ago, ChopSuey said:

Bob may have over estimated / misjudged the market

No

46 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Well, if it's for a 3rd and 4th, I certainly HOPE we won't do it!

1st and 4th maybe, but that's even borderline when we know we could get more in the summer.

Good for BM for sticking to his guns.

Could the Ducks get more in the offseason though? They’ll certainly have more flexibility with teams but value wise a team that gets Rakell/Manson gets two possible playoff runs which is why I don’t think they’ll have the same or more value after noon today. If the Ducks don’t do anything then I really hope it’s a combination of teams absolutely lowballing them and because someone else will make these decisions. Murray isn’t to be trusted with guns anymore, imo.

18 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

But Pittsburgh likely won’t protect Carter in the ED, so they’re basically treating him as a rental. And if he had been a true rental, the Kings would have gotten more for him. He’s got four more points than Getzlaf does.

I think it’s a hard comparison because of Getzlaf’s NMC and what he’s said publicly about staying in Anaheim. So, he hasn’t been mentioned as being on the block as much as Carter (unless something changes in two hours). I’m not sure how much more value Carter gets if he’s a true rental but LA freeing up cap space and a roster spot might be worth more than getting a marginally better return.

1 minute ago, dukitup said:

Just saw on NHL channel rumor Getz told Murray he would waive to go to Vegas.

he wants stay near by Anaheim because family.... only team is Vegas... SJ and LA aren't in Playoff race and not buyers...

14 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Could the Ducks get more in the offseason though? They’ll certainly have more flexibility with teams but value wise a team that gets Rakell/Manson gets two possible playoff runs which is why I don’t think they’ll have the same or more value after noon today. If the Ducks don’t do anything then I really hope it’s a combination of teams absolutely lowballing them and because someone else will make these decisions. Murray isn’t to be trusted with guns anymore, imo.

I think it’s a hard comparison because of Getzlaf’s NMC and what he’s said publicly about staying in Anaheim. So, he hasn’t been mentioned as being on the block as much as Carter (unless something changes in two hours). I’m not sure how much more value Carter gets if he’s a true rental but LA freeing up cap space and a roster spot might be worth more than getting a marginally better return.

I don't think we need to hope that.  It would pretty much be the truth, since BM is known for sticking to his guns when lowballed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

he wants stay near by Anaheim because family.... only team is Vegas... SJ and LA aren't in Playoff race and not buyers...

For 3 months, though, I wonder if he'd go further.

17 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I absolutely think they can get more this summer, unlike in normal years. Every team will be losing a player in the ED, which means that every roster will watered down to some extent and more teams will need to find players to fill holes. At the TDL, you also only have a finite number of teams that want to add a player, and even fewer with the cap space to do it (even even fewer still that have the cap space next season due to the flat cap and having their own RFAs to sign). So your pool of suitors is unreasonably small and you can't pit the bidders against each other like you would be able to over the summer. In contrast, during the summer (post-ED) you'll have 31 other teams interested in acquiring the player. All of this year's playoffs teams will also be more willing to move a roster player out over the summer to acquire a player, which pretty much never happens at the TDL. For the guys who only have one year left, they also can't sign an extension until July 1st (or whatever date the new season starts this year), so if you trade them during the summer it also allows teams to negotiate an extension with them concurrently with the trade, which can also increase their trade value.

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gotchabari said:

For 3 months, though, I wonder if he'd go further.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's less of a desire to chase the cup and more of a way to just help Bob get something. Like Getz being "uhhh I mean, sure, I guess I'd waive it for Vegas?" Close by, short term. Maybe the Ducks get a 1st or 2nd rounder out of it.

6 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's less of a desire to chase the cup and more of a way to just help Bob get something. Like Getz being "uhhh I mean, sure, I guess I'd waive it for Vegas?" Close by, short term. Maybe the Ducks get a 1st or 2nd rounder out of it.

Vegas does have two 2nd round picks for the 21/22 draft.

haha exactly!

5 minutes ago, dukitup said:

How the heck do they fit his cap hit though?? Vegas just acquired Janmark from Chicago and they're using a cap broker (sounds like San Jose) to take some of Janmark's $2.25M cap number. I can't envision how they would be able to fit Getzlaf's cap hit, even if we retained half of the $8.25M and another team ate part of the remainder.

Edited by dtsdlaw

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

How the heck do they fit his cap hit though?? Vegas just acquired Janmark from Chicago and they're using a cap broker (sounds like San Jose) to take some of Janmark's $2.25M cap number. I can't envision how they would be able to fit Getzlaf's cap hit, even if we retained half of the $8.25M and another team ate part of the remainder.

Depending on any other moves the Ducks may make, couldn't the Ducks trade Getz to Vegas for a second and retain his entire salary? I'm just spitballing here, maybe there's a rule that a team can retain 50% max.

Depending on any other moves the Ducks may make, couldn't the Ducks trade Getz to Vegas for a second and retain his entire salary? I'm just spitballing here, maybe there's a rule that a team can retain 50% max.

Yeah you can only retain 50%.

3 minutes ago, dukitup said:

look at Foligno, Toronto has only 1,3 mio, if a 3th team is involved, you can retain 75%.... https://www.capfriendly.com/retained-salary-transactions

Edited by Spike1981
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

look at Foligno, Toronto has only 1,3 mio, if a 3th team is involved, you can retain 75%.... https://www.capfriendly.com/retained-salary-transactions

Yeah, but look at Vegas' current cap situation. They're currently already over the cap limit with only 12F + 6D + 2G on their roster.

That said, I wonder if we could send them Rowney so they can use his LTIR space?

29 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

i don't think Getz's cap hit at this point of the season is anywhere near $8, and I think with prorating and the way his contract worked, he is exceedingly cheap for the remainder of this season.

i think Toronto might still have 2+ million... i think they could swing Getz.