Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

They're supposedly going to raze that team to the ground by moving out Eichel, Reinhart, and Ristolainen. A full scorched earth rebuild.

If this is their plan, then I would think they will almost certainly draft Beniers #1 and then draft one of the kid D at #3 or #2 if they make a deal with ANA or SEA.

They should make a deal with both ANA and SEA and draft 1-2-3! Power, Beniers, Wallstedt!  Done!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tommer-1 said:

If this is their plan, then I would think they will almost certainly draft Beniers #1 and then draft one of the kid D at #3 or #2 if they make a deal with ANA or SEA.

They should make a deal with both ANA and SEA and draft 1-2-3! Power, Beniers, Wallstedt!  Done!

Interesting idea. You can't help but wonder if Seattle might be in on Eichel too. They may have a TON of assets to use after the expansion draft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Interesting idea. You can't help but wonder if Seattle might be in on Eichel too. They may have a TON of assets to use after the expansion draft.

 

Eichel and BUF's 2nd rounder to SEA for their #2 overall, their 3rd rounder, and two of their EX Draft selections - 2 NHLers.

Reinhart and BUF's 2nd rounder (from BOS) to ANA for their #3 overall and Henrique and Steel (for C depth).

 

#1 BUF - Owen Power, D

#2 BUF (from SEA) - Matthew Beniers, C

#3 BUF (from ANA) - Jesper Wallstedt, G

 

Jack Eichel, face of the Kraken franchise.

 

That would be a BOSS move by SEA and BUF, and a good rebuilding move by ANA. Adams keeps his job with those moves!

Edited by tommer-1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tommer-1 said:

 

Eichel and BUF's 2nd rounder to SEA for their #2 overall, their 3rd rounder, and two of their EX Draft selections - 2 NHLers.

Reinhart and BUF's 2nd rounder (from BOS) to ANA for their #3 overall and Henrique and Steel (for C depth).

 

#1 BUF - Owen Power, D

#2 BUF (from SEA) - Matthew Beniers, C

#3 BUF (from ANA) - Jesper Wallstedt, G

 

Jack Eichel, face of the Kraken franchise.

 

That would be a BOSS move by SEA and BUF, and a good rebuilding move by ANA. Adams keeps his job with those moves!

That would be crazy. Seems like a win win win. 
 

Or Ana trades for Eichel and Reinhart….and Risto lol who knows. Each team just dumps everything. Anaheim Sabers and Buffalo Ducks 

Edited by ike8228
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’m surprised how many here are high in Reinhart. I’m pretty down on him. 

Curious, why? He had 10 PP goals last season (only one fewer than our whole team) and was 11th in the league in goals despite playing on the worst team in the NHL. He also moved to center after Eichel went out and played pretty well there by most accounts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Thanks, I had forgotten that the 2008 1st was conditional on making the SCF. I can't remember what that pick would have been if they didn't make the Cup Finals. Do you know? Was it just a lower pick, or was there no pick at all if they missed the Finals?

Edit: And with that additional piece of info, I wonder if everyone would still throw GMBM into an active volcano if the price was just the #3 + #34 + Lundestrom (#23 OA) + Perreault (#27 OA) (with the 2022/2023 1st removed from the offer). I'd do that trade if the team docs could give some assurances we'd get a healthy Eichel.

Yes, but I would throw him into a less active volcano. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’m surprised how many here are high in Reinhart. I’m pretty down on him. 

He's a 25-year-old C, and has had five 20-goal seasons, and three 50-point seasons, in the NHL.  In Buffalo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not down on Reinhart, but he did have an unsustainably high shooting percentage last season.  That said, he was still a high possession player (albeit one with super sheltered zone starts) and his PDO indicated he could be due for some better scoring luck.  Consider me in the boat that would rather put a package together for Reinhart than Eichel.

Edit: The one thing that would give me pause is that he seems like a complete non-entity on defense.  It would be nice if one of our top two centers could also bring something to the defensive side of the puck, and maybe Zegras will develop in that area, but with Reinhart-Zegras down the middle, first one to five wins.  Actually, that sounds nice.  Sign me up.

Edited by gorbachav5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I'm not down on Reinhart, but he did have an unsustainably high shooting percentage last season.  That said, he was still a high possession player (albeit one with super sheltered zone starts) and his PDO indicated he could be due for some better scoring luck.  Consider me in the boat that would rather put a package together for Reinhart than Eichel.

Edit: The one thing that would give me pause is that he seems like a complete non-entity on defense.  It would be nice if one of our top two centers could also bring something to the defensive side of the puck, and maybe Zegras will develop in that area, but with Reinhart-Zegras down the middle, first one to five wins.  Actually, that sounds nice.  Sign me up.

Two words. Lunde. Strom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Rumor has it Matthew Tkachuk wants out of Calgary. 
 

Eichel - Tkachuk first line? 👀

man, i feel like this type of thing is waaay too common these days...star players actively saying they want out of whatever city. I hardly remember that happening much until like this year lol has it been THIS common all the time and i haven't noticed? or is this pretty new lately?

I mean, I know it's happened before...but like... Laine, Eichel, Dubois, Tkachuk...am I missing anyone else from this year? lol I'm sure I am!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Curious, why? He had 10 PP goals last season (only one fewer than our whole team) and was 11th in the league in goals despite playing on the worst team in the NHL. He also moved to center after Eichel went out and played pretty well there by most accounts. 

This last season just feels unsustainable. I think he’s solid and I’m not going to say no for the right price, I just worry the price is too high for, what I feel is, a player in the realm of Rakell, Silfverberg, Henrique. When your dangling the shiniest toy in Eichel in front of me, I’m gonna have a hard time wanting anything else, childish I know. This team needs a true game breaking talent. Zegras could get there, but adding Eichel is GENUINE game breaking talent that we haven’t had since Prime Getzlaf (and 2017 Playoffs Getzlaf) and Perry. The idea of Eichel/Zegras down the middle to me is ideal, it would help this team immensely. I have a hard time convincing myself that Reinhart is much better than Rakell or Henrique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fisix said:

i wonder what Buffalo is like, hockey player wise, being so close to Toronto.

It's a great hockey town.  Old time players like Gilbert Perreault, Richard Martin, Rene Robert - the French connection line - great fans.  Genessee cream draft beer, butt cold weather - I don't know what happened to the team.  Poor ownership/management obviously.  I hope they get things back.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

It's a great hockey town.  Old time players like Gilbert Perreault, Richard Martin, Rene Robert - the French connection line - great fans.  Genessee cream draft beer, butt cold weather - I don't know what happened to the team.  Poor ownership/management obviously.  I hope they get things back.

they lost miller.

I mean, yeah it happened a bit ago, but when you get a goalie like him and have him for so long...it's hard to just come back from that without anyone really lined up. Look at the Devils, Wings, Avs...I think Buffalo sees a different fate if they were able to get stable good goaltending after Miller left.

Curious how the Kings are gonna do once Quick is gone....

Somehow we've been super lucky after Giguere with just stellar goalie after stellar goalie

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Barstool should have been fired and sent to the Upside Down two years ago.

Pretty much. I’m fully braced for the Ducks trading for Eichel. I think that Murray is desperate, the fan base has mostly turned on him and Eichel is a big name that he and ownership can appease them with. We’d then just have to wait until Eichel gets fed up with not being noticeably closer to a Cup and demands a out of town when he’ll have trade protection lol.

Bob is not only Desperate his days are almost up...well Countdown is....as for Eichel gotta wait and see.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MooseDuck said:

Bob is not only Desperate his days are almost up...well Countdown is....as for Eichel gotta wait and see.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Which is why he shouldn’t be making this decision or the trade at all. Murray is arguably the biggest mark of any interested GM. This would all ultimately fall on ownership though. I hope Eichel saves the Ducks from themselves by letting them know that he doesn’t want to play here.

 

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2021 at 5:28 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Which is why he shouldn’t be making this decision or the trade at all. Murray is arguably the biggest mark of any interested GM. This would all ultimately fall on ownership though. I hope Eichel saves the Ducks from themselves by letting them know that he doesn’t want to play here.

 

Just Hope our Ducks have a Plan B just in Case Jack deal does not come through.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Murray is arguably the biggest mark of any interested GM.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here. Do you mean like...other GMs see him as someone they can take advantage of? Or someone they should look at trading with? I would disagree with the former as I believe BM is a well respected GM across the league...just from what I've heard over the years on broadcasts and the such. I always got that sense.

Agents on the other hand.....haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2021 at 9:20 PM, Jasoaks said:

they lost miller.

I mean, yeah it happened a bit ago, but when you get a goalie like him and have him for so long...it's hard to just come back from that without anyone really lined up. Look at the Devils, Wings, Avs...I think Buffalo sees a different fate if they were able to get stable good goaltending after Miller left.

Curious how the Kings are gonna do once Quick is gone....

Somehow we've been super lucky after Giguere with just stellar goalie after stellar goalie

I think a lot of Ducks fans don't realise how lucky this team has been with goaltending. It seems like we always have that next star in the pipeline ready to go. We've gone from Giguere to Hiller to Andersen to Gibson, and now Dostal is supposed to be the next big thing.

Some teams have been looking for an answer in net for the last decade or more. Buffalo since Miller left is a good example. Also look at Philadelphia - they thought they had the answer in Bryz and that was a disaster. Now they have Carter Hart who was awful last season, hopefully he turns it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nieder said:

I think a lot of Ducks fans don't realise how lucky this team has been with goaltending. It seems like we always have that next star in the pipeline ready to go. We've gone from Giguere to Hiller to Andersen to Gibson, and now Dostal is supposed to be the next big thing.

Some teams have been looking for an answer in net for the last decade or more. Buffalo since Miller left is a good example. Also look at Philadelphia - they thought they had the answer in Bryz and that was a disaster. Now they have Carter Hart who was awful last season, hopefully he turns it around.

completely agree! Bryz, too can be added to our list even though he was never the starter.

He was good. Man...for more than 1 reason...really wish him and Arizona made it to the finals in 2012....he fell apart in Philly.

I don't understand why...like...we've been through goalie coaches etc...there's no consistent anything to why we'd have such good goalie after goalie.

Avs after Roy, Wings after their combo of Hasek, Osgood...Devils after Brodeur.

I really don't think Grubauer is the actual answer in net for the Avs. Nor Blackwood for NJ. I'm willing to be proven wrong. And I know Grubauer may win the Vezina...but...I dunno. He doesn't look like he really has "it"

Wings should look into getting Wallstedt lol Howard was never gonna do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

 

I don't understand why...like...we've been through goalie coaches etc...there's no consistent anything to why we'd have such good goalie after goalie.

 

 

I believe Sudarshan Maharaj is pretty well regarded as a goaltender coach. 
although. With Gibson and Dostal, it’s not really any transformations. Murray just hasn’t been shy about drafting good goaltenders. I think Gibson was #1 ranked goaltender in 2011 and they drafted him in the second round. Dostal was also ranked #1 by ESPN his draft year and they got him in the third round. They also traded for Andersen. So I think Anaheim is really good at identifying goaltending talent. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I believe Sudarshan Maharaj is pretty well regarded as a goaltender coach. 
although. With Gibson and Dostal, it’s not really any transformations. Murray just hasn’t been shy about drafting good goaltenders. I think Gibson was #1 ranked goaltender in 2011 and they drafted him in the second round. Dostal was also ranked #1 by ESPN his draft year and they got him in the third round. They also traded for Andersen. So I think Anaheim is really good at identifying goaltending talent. 

They drafted Freddie in 2012 (though we did acquire the pick we used on him in a trade). He was originally drafted by Carolina in 2010 but they couldn’t agree on a contract so he went back into the draft. We got him in the 3rd round. The Ducks ability to draft and develop netminders has been their #1 strength for the past 15 years. We’re a very lucky fan base in that respect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I believe Sudarshan Maharaj is pretty well regarded as a goaltender coach. 
although. With Gibson and Dostal, it’s not really any transformations. Murray just hasn’t been shy about drafting good goaltenders. I think Gibson was #1 ranked goaltender in 2011 and they drafted him in the second round. Dostal was also ranked #1 by ESPN his draft year and they got him in the third round. They also traded for Andersen. So I think Anaheim is really good at identifying goaltending talent. 

I think he is, too! And before that we had Allaire who is iconic. Did we have anyone after Allaire before Maharaj? I wonder if Allaire set some ground work that we've been benefiting from since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I think he is, too! And before that we had Allaire who is iconic. Did we have anyone after Allaire before Maharaj? I wonder if Allaire set some ground work that we've been benefiting from since.

Brian Rolston for couple years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2021 at 6:32 PM, Jasoaks said:

I'm not sure I follow what you mean here. Do you mean like...other GMs see him as someone they can take advantage of? Or someone they should look at trading with? I would disagree with the former as I believe BM is a well respected GM across the league...just from what I've heard over the years on broadcasts and the such. I always got that sense.

Agents on the other hand.....haha

In the reference to Eichel, yes. IMO, I think that he's the most vulnerable GM for Buffalo to maximize value for a trade. Murray has one year left on his contract and a theme in the reports about the Ducks' interest in Eichel generally reference Murray being desperate or "needing to do something" as a motivating factor for why the Ducks would trade for him. With his job potentially on the line the season, that's my concern when I don't think Eichel is improving the Ducks to even being a playoff team. I'm sure GM's are aware of his situation with it being safe to assume that most of the fan base is calling for him to get fired.

I bet that Murray is respected by other GM's given he's the 3rd longest tenured in the league but that doesn't mean that they don't take advantage of each other or try maximize leverage when they are able to. It also doesn't mean that they think Murray is a particularly good GM, especially recently. Peter Chiarelli is well respected within league circles but he was absolutely horrible at the end of his Boston tenure and with Edmonton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for All Ducks Fans Friends,Hockey Aficionados.....etc Which player do you beleive our Ducks will want to get this offseason?

1.Patrick Laine

2.Jack Eichel.

Give me your thoughs and answers this is just open question to all.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

So for All Ducks Fans Friends,Hockey Aficionados.....etc Which player do you beleive our Ducks will want to get this offseason?

1.Patrick Laine

2.Jack Eichel.

Give me your thoughs and answers this is just open question to all.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

It all depends on what GMBM would have to trade in order to acquire either one.

Eichel has some serious risks. We don't know how serious his neck injury is, or if he can ever play again at the level he did prior to sustaining it. We don't even know if Eichel's push for surgery is a legitimate desire or just a tool to help himself break away from the Sabres without telling their fans the team sucks. The latter would explain how Buffalo is still demanding such a high price for a player who may never fully recover. They may know they injury issue is just a tool by Eichel to leave and everyone save face. I just don't want Murray to give away either Zegras or Drysdale. I'm okay if it costs the Duck's the #3 pick as this draft is such a crap shoot. Throw in one or two of the following (Steel, Jones, Terry) and maybe Henrique (only because we already know the coach doesn't like him). Also Buffalo would need to retain at least $5M of Eichel's salary for the next two or three seasons. Anything more asked of the Ducks and I would say pass.

I'm not as versed about Laine. It would just come down to how much the Jets would be asking for him. Again Zegras and Drysdale must be off the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...