The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoxxey

playoff game...

17 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Man the avs really burned the flames down to the ground. I always thought the flames had to do something about their goaltending but if you allow 56 (!) SOG you have to fix a whole of other stuff too me thinks. Makar scores in his 1st game. If the Avs get lucky in the upcoming draft (with probably Dach, Byram or Cozens) they're going to be fun to watch.

Col has the opportunity to be kings of the league once more if they play their cards right. Good team building

The Blue Jackets are ruthless. Three goals in the last two minutes. One insurance goal, a second goal because why not and the third really twisting it in.

Big congrats to Columbus on their first playoff series win with a clean sweep against the best team.

Did not see that coming.

Lmao imagine being a Tampa fan right now. Craziest upset in a sweep ever? Only one I can think of that comes close is when the Mighty Ducks stomped the Red Wings in the first round a season after that roster was anointed as the ~greatest team of all time~

1 minute ago, poum said:

The Blue Jackets are ruthless. Three goals in the last two minutes. One insurance goal, a second goal because why not and the third really twisting it in.

Big congrats to Columbus on their first playoff series win with a clean sweep against the best team.

Did not see that coming.

Yeah, the Duchene empty netter was a bit...unnecessary...but wow, what a feat! And I'm gonna be an ass 'cause I hardly ever make any predictions right...but totally called it! :D 

1 minute ago, PetrSykora said:

Lmao imagine being a Tampa fan right now. Craziest upset in a sweep ever? Only one I can think of that comes close is when the Mighty Ducks stomped the Red Wings in the first round a season after that roster was anointed as the ~greatest team of all time~

It totally has that feeling to it!

Tampa fire sale? I mean they were going to run into cap troubles (again) soon anyway. Cooper prob gets fired

9 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Yeah, the Duchene empty netter was a bit...unnecessary...but wow, what a feat! And I'm gonna be an ass 'cause I hardly ever make any predictions right...but totally called it! :D 

Nailed it. You get one “Attaboy!” for that call. 😁

3 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

Tampa fire sale? I mean they were going to run into cap troubles (again) soon anyway. Cooper prob gets fired

Why? It was clearly the players’ fault.

-Randy Carlyle, April 2018

6 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

This. I think big changes will be made after a season like that. Better start lining up trades while their hurt Bob!!!

But can we just say that this season sucked more for Tampa fans than ducks fans? I mean sure we were garbage but to have a team like that get swept and badly might I add is downright terrible. 

33 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

But can we just say that this season sucked more for Tampa fans than ducks fans? I mean sure we were garbage but to have a team like that get swept and badly might I add is downright terrible. 

Yeah, I can get behind that...man...what heartbreak that must be for the fans and the players...wow...especially after going up 3-0 in the FIRST period of game 1!

Timo Meier is destined to be a predaturd sometime in his career. Skilled player but I honestly hate almost everything about his game. 

Man Theodore looks great.  Sure wish he was still with the ducks.

Vegas has been lucky with goal posts...  Should be 3-2...

That St. Louis/Winnipeg game is insane.

Good to see Happy Feet going home for the summer...

Speaking of CBJ. I don't watch a lot of hockey outside our Ducks. Did they outplay the bolts or did Vasilevskiy have a rough series? Would you guys call them Cup favorites after this series? They do have to go through toronto probably.

5 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Speaking of CBJ. I don't watch a lot of hockey outside our Ducks. Did they outplay the bolts or did Vasilevskiy have a rough series? Would you guys call them Cup favorites after this series? They do have to go through toronto probably.

They outplayed Tampa with their special teams making the biggest plays. 

5 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

So much parity now, I don't know how you can pick a Cup favorite. Any team that makes the second round this year will have a legit chance IMO. It's going to be all about health and execution. Columbus going 5/10 on the PP was huge for them, and as far as I know they are almost completely healthy. But we'll see what happens as the tournament goes on. The wheels could fall off in a heartbeat.

55 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

So much parity now, I don't know how you can pick a Cup favorite. Any team that makes the second round this year will have a legit chance IMO. It's going to be all about health and execution. Columbus going 5/10 on the PP was huge for them, and as far as I know they are almost completely healthy. But we'll see what happens as the tournament goes on. The wheels could fall off in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Columbus get swept in the next round (likely by Toronto...) Just seeing how they played in Game 4...they had a lot of passion and drive and all of that...similar to that of an elimination game for the finals. And it's great that they did! It was impressive and amazing to see! But they also looked so satisfied after...and they should feel good...but man...that's not even half way to the final goal. I feel they feel so happy and accomplished after that first round....combined with so much rest...I think they are going to come out flat in the next round and wont have the same spark or drive. That first game in the next round could be deadly to them if they don't come out sharp. They had so much momentum moving into the playoffs and now it's STOPPED. For at least a week.

Also, they lack a lot of maturity...I mean Duchene going for the empty netter in a 6-3 elimination game in the final 30 seconds is just kind of a dick move...and  the way Panerin tried to high-five Kucherov in the handshake line...that's really not reading the room. I know there's nothing "technically" wrong with any of that...but to me it shows lack of respect and maturity and lacking those things in the playoffs can hurt you.

(was it Duchene that Roy chastised for his goal celebration in that blowout game where Colorado lost, but he scored a milestone goal? Or was that MacKinnon?) It was Duchene! Yeah...not surprised lol

If Tampa is going to leave the net open, I don't have any problem with the Blue Jackets scoring into it, despite what the score is.  I'm normally one to be sensitive to unsportsmanlike conduct, but this is the playoffs and the Lightning were, arguably, the best team in 25 years.  I don't see anything unsportsmanlike about it.

That's not to say Duchene is a model of maturity - don't forget, he was one of the guys in the Senators Uber incident - but I don't think the empty net goal is any sort of sign one way or the other.

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Well they didn't waste a lot of energy going for the sweep. There'll be more pressure on boston or toronto. It'll sure be interesting.

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Columbus get swept in the next round (likely by Toronto...) Just seeing how they played in Game 4...they had a lot of passion and drive and all of that...similar to that of an elimination game for the finals. And it's great that they did! It was impressive and amazing to see! But they also looked so satisfied after...and they should feel good...but man...that's not even half way to the final goal. I feel they feel so happy and accomplished after that first round....combined with so much rest...I think they are going to come out flat in the next round and wont have the same spark or drive. That first game in the next round could be deadly to them if they don't come out sharp. They had so much momentum moving into the playoffs and now it's STOPPED. For at least a week.

Also, they lack a lot of maturity...I mean Duchene going for the empty netter in a 6-3 elimination game in the final 30 seconds is just kind of a dick move...and  the way Panerin tried to high-five Kucherov in the handshake line...that's really not reading the room. I know there's nothing "technically" wrong with any of that...but to me it shows lack of respect and maturity and lacking those things in the playoffs can hurt you.

(was it Duchene that Roy chastised for his goal celebration in that blowout game where Colorado lost, but he scored a milestone goal? Or was that MacKinnon?) It was Duchene! Yeah...not surprised lol

I agree although I remember thinking the same thing about Washington last year once they made it past the second round after what felt like a billion tries. It looked like a Stanley Cup celebration for them once they eliminated the Penguins. They ended up walloping Tampa in the first few games of the conference finals and winning a title in impressive fashion. Considering what happened last night, maybe that 2018 series had more to do with this Bolts core thinking they can simply coast by on their potential rather than just Washington channelling the excitement from breaking new ground and riding it past a supposedly stronger opponent so who knows. Columbus shouldn't be too worried about the lack of experience though. Boston and Washington are really the only teams still out east with more of it and it's no guarantee either of them makes it to the second round. 

3 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Well they didn't waste a lot of energy going for the sweep. There'll be more pressure on boston or toronto. It'll sure be interesting.

The last Stanley Cup champion to sweep its opening round opponent was Colorado in 2001. A few teams have swept the 1st round and lost in the Finals (including Vegas last year and the Ducks in '03), but more often than not an opening round sweep doesn't translate into ultimate success. Each round is a completely different animal.

Mitch Marner is going to get PAID. He's the Leafs' best player outside of Freddie. They should make a NHL video game GM mode trade and package Kadri and Nylander for Subban or something. Muzzin is a bum, they could do better.

Side note but Toronto has the best anthem singer. That kid already has a crazy set of lungs and I don't even think she's midway through high school yet. Sky is the limit for a talent like that. 

On 4/15/2019 at 5:24 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

Totally agree. What Kadri did was wrong but the non-calls were ridiculous including this one.

"Kadri left Saturday's game against Boston late in the second period with a possible left knee injury. There was no penalty called, but there was definite knee-on-knee contact from Jake DeBrusk. Kadri was able to skate off the ice, but had been clutching his leg."

Leafs fans are still crying about this. But we are talking about a kneeing minor versus what probably should have been a match penalty for attempt to injure by crosschecking somebody in the face. That explains why he did it I guess, but it's not really a proportionate response.

22 hours ago, RobD360 said:

I would love for Anaheim to go after Point.

Can't see Cooper getting fired since they just gave him an extension 3 weeks ago.

I promised myself I wouldn't watch a second of that trash series in Dallas before it started but I saw the score towards the end and figured it was a good time to tune in and see some mustard tears. I watched maybe 2 minutes and the first thing I see is Captain Joke-e slash a Star and place a weak fly-by crosscheck into his lower back before skating away from the scrum he started and towards the refs like he did nothing. Meanwhile his stupid little garden gnome of a defence partner came in to grab the Dallas player's stick so he could toss it to the ice like he's some tough guy. I didn't see who the Dallas player was but he was just shaking his head and laughing in their faces. I have no idea how nobody has even tried putting those two morons in check yet. They're such an embarrassment they can make Doughty look like a saint on ice by comparison. I regret everything. 

16 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Mikko Rantanen has such an great release. Colorado is going to be so good for years to come.

It didn't even look like it was in his wheelhouse. His release is insane.