Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

Recommended Posts

Might as well make a new thread for this. 
 

The more I read about the prospects the more I wouldn’t necessarily hate Drysdale. Seems like a RH Cam Fowler. Slick skating, high IQ, but isn’t super flashy. If we fall in the draft, maybe even trade down a spot or two of someone wants to do that. Wouldn’t hate the pick. Obviously we need scoring, so I’ll still stand by Holtz at around 4-6 which is where I picture us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Ducks win the draft lottery... better to take 1,2,3 this year to trade down to top 15 and get an extra 2021 pick? Is it a deep draft this coming offseason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 4:04 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

Might as well make a new thread for this. 
 

The more I read about the prospects the more I wouldn’t necessarily hate Drysdale. Seems like a RH Cam Fowler. Slick skating, high IQ, but isn’t super flashy. If we fall in the draft, maybe even trade down a spot or two of someone wants to do that. Wouldn’t hate the pick. Obviously we need scoring, so I’ll still stand by Holtz at around 4-6 which is where I picture us. 

I think that unless we win the draft lottery, Murray is taking Drysdale if he's on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I think that unless we win the draft lottery, Murray is taking Drysdale if he's on the board.

It’s seeming that way 

Edited by Sexlaf15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sexlaf15 said:

It’s seeming that way 

I'd rather have Raymond, Holtz or that Stutzle kid over Drysdale just because I think that they are better prospects, so I'd be a little bummed if Murray passed on them but couldn't really blame him if he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I'd rather have Raymond, Holtz or that Stutzle kid over Drysdale just because I think that they are better prospects, so I'd be a little bummed if Murray passed on them but couldn't really blame him if he did.

I’d understand drafting Dysdale if we move Manson. It’s not seeming that way, so I’d rather draft an electric forward 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’d understand drafting Dysdale if we move Manson. It’s not seeming that way, so I’d rather draft an electric forward 

a scorer we need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’d understand drafting Dysdale if we move Manson. It’s not seeming that way, so I’d rather draft an electric forward 

Yeah, I think that Murray would have to draft Drysdale first before moving Manson, but I can definitely see that scenario playing out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any news about covid infections either within the ducks organization or the draft or NHL player population?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 10:11 AM, SchweizerDuck said:

I would like to see Ducks grab a goal scorer also. I don't see Manson being moved and probably will be signed to a long term extension.

Yeah, I think that the Ducks need goal scoring more than they need defense (which is saying something), though I'd still bet my last dollar that Murray takes Drysdale if he's on the board and the Ducks don't get a lottery pick. Can't really blame Murray for thinking he'd be the BPA though. If not Drysdale, they will have really good options of guys like Holtz, Raymond, Rossi to choose from if they are drafting in the 5-7 range. With the Ducks having too many LHD's on the roster as well as in the system, I'd be surprised if either Fowler or Lindholm aren't moved within the next two seasons. I'm not entirely sold on Manson being re-signed, especially if the Ducks are still clearly in a rebuild which is a very real possibility for the near future.  

I'm hoping the Ducks can add some additional 1st and 2nd round picks in the upcoming draft or in 2021.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree!!! Really hoping the Ducks take a goal scorer with the first pick in the first round (winger to pair with Zegras) and defense with the second pick in the first round. Agree again on the Drysdale situation.....If Murray does take him dont blame him at all. With the overstock on LHDmen I am really hoping that GMBM pulls off some kind of off season trade. If one of Lindholm/ Fowler is moved it will be Linholm......When Fowler signed his long term extension he is pretty much impossible to trade. I just have a feeling that GMBM will resign Manson long term.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 9:45 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, I think that the Ducks need goal scoring more than they need defense (which is saying something), though I'd still bet my last dollar that Murray takes Drysdale if he's on the board and the Ducks don't get a lottery pick. Can't really blame Murray for thinking he'd be the BPA though. If not Drysdale, they will have really good options of guys like Holtz, Raymond, Rossi to choose from if they are drafting in the 5-7 range. With the Ducks having too many LHD's on the roster as well as in the system, I'd be surprised if either Fowler or Lindholm aren't moved within the next two seasons. I'm not entirely sold on Manson being re-signed, especially if the Ducks are still clearly in a rebuild which is a very real possibility for the near future.  

I'm hoping the Ducks can add some additional 1st and 2nd round picks in the upcoming draft or in 2021.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SchweizerDuck said:

I agree!!! Really hoping the Ducks take a goal scorer with the first pick in the first round (winger to pair with Zegras) and defense with the second pick in the first round. Agree again on the Drysdale situation.....If Murray does take him dont blame him at all. With the overstock on LHDmen I am really hoping that GMBM pulls off some kind of off season trade. If one of Lindholm/ Fowler is moved it will be Linholm......When Fowler signed his long term extension he is pretty much impossible to trade. I just have a feeling that GMBM will resign Manson long term.....

My hunch is that Murray is going to ultimately take Holtz, since I thinkOttawa (since they have that additional SJ pick) or even LA taking Drysdale before us. Murray also said that he's targeting shooters in the draft and Holtz is this year's consensus top sniper. Plus, the idea of pairing Holtz with a pure passing playmaker like Zegras just makes it seem more likely that Holtz would be the guy. If that's the route Murray goes, then it makes a ton of sense and hopefully we have our next dynamic duo.

Though, the more I hear about Marco Rossi, the more I want this guy to be a Duck lol. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree!!! I see Ducks taking Holtz.....which isnt a bad thing. Also makes lots of sense pairing him with pure passing play maker like Trevor Zegras. They would be a nice duo for the future and hoping they could lead them to another Stanley Cup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 6:14 PM, SchweizerDuck said:

I totally agree!!! I see Ducks taking Holtz.....which isnt a bad thing. Also makes lots of sense pairing him with pure passing play maker like Trevor Zegras. They would be a nice duo for the future and hoping they could lead them to another Stanley Cup!

It would great to get him...plus Ducks have tendency to draft Swedes ALOT.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like Marco Rossi intends to hit the NHL immediately. I wouldn’t shrug my shoulders at him, I think he’s the best player that could be available to us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Seems like Marco Rossi intends to hit the NHL immediately. I wouldn’t shrug my shoulders at him, I think he’s the best player that could be available to us. 

I'm just...I'm just not convinced of the 5'9 and under players will translate into the game changing players we want them to be...not saying he couldn't, but just not convinced. While some that height or lower do turn into big players, it doesn't seem to happen as often as not.

I guess I'm a heightest lol I'd rather take a chance with a shorter player later in the draft (like 3rd round on). If available I'd still pick someone like Holtz, Drysdale, Stutzle, or Pefetti first....and at 6, one of those guys is gonna be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Seems like Marco Rossi intends to hit the NHL immediately. I wouldn’t shrug my shoulders at him, I think he’s the best player that could be available to us. 

I agree. I’d take him over any player not named Lafreniere, Byfield or Stutzle. 
 

 

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I'm just...I'm just not convinced of the 5'9 and under players will translate into the game changing players we want them to be...not saying he couldn't, but just not convinced. While some that height or lower do turn into big players, it doesn't seem to happen as often as not.

I guess I'm a heightest lol I'd rather take a chance with a shorter player later in the draft (like 3rd round on). If available I'd still pick someone like Holtz, Drysdale, Stutzle, or Pefetti first....and at 6, one of those guys is gonna be available.

I view him as a Brayden Point type at best or a Daniel Briere at worst. The fact that he’s a top-10 pick at his size I think shows how much talent he has and that the Ducks’ desperately need...but I feel like he’s not a Murray pick and he’d pass on him lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I'm just...I'm just not convinced of the 5'9 and under players will translate into the game changing players we want them to be...not saying he couldn't, but just not convinced. While some that height or lower do turn into big players, it doesn't seem to happen as often as not.

I guess I'm a heightest lol I'd rather take a chance with a shorter player later in the draft (like 3rd round on). If available I'd still pick someone like Holtz, Drysdale, Stutzle, or Pefetti first....and at 6, one of those guys is gonna be available.

Size isn’t that important anymore, it’s your ability to minimize hard contact on you in open spaces. Rossi is a dog on the puck and he’s got the talent to boot. I think GMs have to stop drafting based on size and draft on talent, he’s the most complete player outside of the top 3. He’s great defensively, great offensively, he forecheck hard, he back checks hard, he’s got a nasty shot and can set people up. Imo there isn’t much difference between Holtz and Drysdale size wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s around the same size has 

Point

P. Kane 

Debrincat 

Marchand 

Atkinson 

Johnny Hockey

All those guys have found immense success. No reason Rossi can’t do it. If he’s available. You pick him, that simple. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

He’s around the same size has 

Point

P. Kane 

Debrincat 

Marchand 

Atkinson 

Johnny Hockey

All those guys have found immense success. No reason Rossi can’t do it. If he’s available. You pick him, that simple. 

Well, Point and Kane are, at least, listed bigger....maybe they're the same size...but, yeah, the others, yeah, they've found (some) success. But I'd still rather have a Makar or Pettersson or Barzal or Eberle or Tkachuk (than the non-points/kanes). I do like Marchand though haha

I think size is still very much a factor. You can make it shorter, absolutely, St. Louis is a good example, too. He sounds promising. I would just be cautious still. Being short and impressive in the minor leagues is not the same as NHL (or even as a bigger player). But what you describe him as, sounds like he has a lot of good factors and a reason being listed so high. Not impossible, no.

I wouldn't NOT be excited about him lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Well, Point and Kane are, at least, listed bigger....maybe they're the same size...but, yeah, the others, yeah, they've found (some) success. But I'd still rather have a Makar or Pettersson or Barzal or Eberle or Tkachuk (than the non-points/kanes). I do like Marchand though haha

I think size is still very much a factor. You can make it shorter, absolutely, St. Louis is a good example, too. He sounds promising. I would just be cautious still. Being short and impressive in the minor leagues is not the same as NHL (or even as a bigger player). But what you describe him as, sounds like he has a lot of good factors and a reason being listed so high. Not impossible, no.

I wouldn't NOT be excited about him lol

I think he’s probably the 4th best prospect in the draft. I don’t want to be another team that passed on a short guy who ends up being a 70+pt guy and us going damn, can’t believe we drafted xyz instead of Rossi. 
He’s not flashy, but he does everything so well. He’s a really toolsy player than can do anything he wants, but doesn’t do then all the time. He’s gonna get bumped off the puck and overpowered sometimes, just how it goes, but he’s the best guy and if Detroit and Sens get cold feet then we definitely shouldn’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rossi plays a similar game to Brayden Point, the skill level might not be the same, but he does everything at a high level. Having Zegras 

Rossi down the middle for the foreseeable future would be huge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I think he’s probably the 4th best prospect in the draft. I don’t want to be another team that passed on a short guy who ends up being a 70+pt guy and us going damn, can’t believe we drafted xyz instead of Rossi. 
He’s not flashy, but he does everything so well. He’s a really toolsy player than can do anything he wants, but doesn’t do then all the time. He’s gonna get bumped off the puck and overpowered sometimes, just how it goes, but he’s the best guy and if Detroit and Sens get cold feet then we definitely shouldn’t 

This right here! Rossi has that kind of potential so I wouldn't care if he was the size of a Smurf. He's also pretty well built and is around 185 lbs already. He's deft at avoiding contact and more impressively, he protects the puck very well. I think Zegras is a better pure playmaker but Rossi is still very good as a setup guy, but has better finishing ability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

This right here! Rossi has that kind of potential so I wouldn't care if he was the size of a Smurf. He's also pretty well built and is around 185 lbs already. He's deft at avoiding contact and more impressively, he protects the puck very well. I think Zegras is a better pure playmaker but Rossi is still very good as a setup guy, but has better finishing ability. 

I think Zegras is going to be way more dynamic and sexy, but Rossi is going to be the consistent steady guy. 1 thing I absolutely love is that he’s absolutely beast at entering the zone with the puck or facilitating controlled zone entry, which the ducks are horrendous at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 11:47 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

Rossi plays a similar game to Brayden Point, the skill level might not be the same, but he does everything at a high level. Having Zegras 

Rossi down the middle for the foreseeable future would be huge 

Ducks and us Ducks Fans should keep in mind....This will come down who Ottawa Choose pick before us.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Ducks and us Ducks Fans should keep in mind....This will come down who Ottawa Choose pick before us.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I’m not sure. Stevie Y in Detroit is always going to throw off mock drafts if he wants to, I think Ottawa probably goes Stutzle/Drysdale, people seem to really like Perfetti to Detroit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...