The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

NHL Entry Draft Targets

Just now, Fisix said:

lol. they're saying he has excellent work ethic.

Offensively he is, and when he tries he’s not bad away from the puck, just sometimes he doesn’t really try defensively, be he’s also on a bad team, so who knows 

Just now, Sexlaf15 said:

Offensively he is, and when he tries he’s not bad away from the puck, just sometimes he doesn’t really try defensively, be he’s also on a bad team, so who knows 

i am unable to add more reactions today, so just assume i'm liking and laughing and crying at things.  ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fisix said:

he looks like an excellent brute (Jake Neighbours).  would have to see him, but seems like a cornerpiece.

I wanted Neighbours and was disappointed to see him go 1 pick before Anaheim. Not that there was any guarantee we would have taken him.

Perreault is a nice pick. Great shot.

1 minute ago, nieder said:

I wanted Neighbours and was disappointed to see him go 1 pick before Anaheim. Not that there was any guarantee we would have taken him.

Perreault is a nice pick. Great shot.

Just glad San Jose is getting none of these players haha

Sportsnet had some info up on Perreault:

At the Top Prospects Game they did fitness testing on all the players. Perreault was first at 30m forward skate, 30m forward skate with the puck, reaction speed and weave agility with the puck. Second place in overall weave agility.

So we are getting somebody with good speed.

• Like 3

so now we have to offensive players (Drysdale highlights are almost all offensive ones...)... and a player who doesn't work on defensive side... poor Gibson

Edited by Spike1981
  • Haha 1

Just now, nieder said:

Sportsnet had some info up on Perreault:

At the Top Prospects Game they did fitness testing on all the players. Perreault was first at 30m forward skate, 30m forward skate with the puck, reaction speed and weave agility with the puck. Second place in overall weave agility.

So we are getting somebody with good speed.

yeah, but after that he is dead, he has condition issues...

3 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Not to mention anyone we take in the next round 

Terry 

Comtois 

Steel 

Jones 

We still have Groulx and Tracey in Juniors as well, they could both be good NHL forwards.

Also some good defensive prospects in Thrun and LaCombe.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spike1981 said:

so now we have to offensive players (Drysdale highlights are almost all offensive ones...)... and a player who doesn't work on defensive side... poor Gibson

I actually read that Drysdale is very defensively sound, like I’ve said, he’s very similar to Fowler. He’s good at pressing and joining the rush, skates incredibly well, reads plays well, uses his stick well. 

16 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Once a couple guys went off board seems like every GM is panicking and grabbing their second round guys or something 

14 minutes ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

It's more like #20-50 are so vastly different from one organization to the next.

It's almost like an NHL Draft from every year.

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

looks great, not sure what else is on the table that we passed up.

Since we really needed a shooter, the other option would have been Gunler, IMO. I would have been happy with either. 

The #36 is really interesting now. The Ducks will get likely have have the option of getting one of Bourque, Gunler, Wallinder, Mysak, Wiesblatt, Porieir.

1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Since we really needed a shooter, the other option would have been Gunler, IMO. I would have been happy with either. 

The #36 is really interesting now. The Ducks will get likely have have the option of getting one of Bourque, Gunler, Wallinder, Mysak, Wiesblatt, Porieir.

If they feel they want to move Manson, I wouldn’t be surprised if they take Niemela if he’s available. 

Just now, Fisix said:

Brendan Brisson would have been interesting for us.  not in place of our current picks, just in general.

Really shocked Bourque is still available. Bourque pretty much blows Brisson out of the water in everything, but shooting. 

8 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

If they feel they want to move Manson, I wouldn’t be surprised if they take Niemela if he’s available. 

That's another option if they want to shore up RHD. They still have a season and a half to make a decision on Manson, so they are in no rush to trade him. If the Ducks decide to move on from him, I'd rather they try to get a 2022 1st rounder for him than in 2021. Would be nice to have Niemela in the pipeline for that scenario

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke