Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Fire Murray and Eakins ´protest´

Recommended Posts

hmm Steel as a Seattle? its a possibilty...

I don't know who we will protect, the issue is, BM is 67 years old in a half year, would he really like to make a rebuild? he will not be there by the team after the rebuild is done. thats maybe also the reason he's not really on a real rebuild and only retool mode... thats maybe our problem, for a rebuild you should have a younger GM, thats the real issue... would you love to take a rebuild in his age?

Dorion is 48, Yzerman 55, Kekalainen 54, Gorton 52... they are all 10-20 years younger who takes the rebuild with their team..

   

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

hmm Steel as a Seattle? its a possibilty...

I don't know who we will protect, the issue is, BM is 67 years old in a half year, would he really like to make a rebuild? he will not be there by the team after the rebuild is done. thats maybe also the reason he's not really on a real rebuild and only retool mode... thats maybe our problem, for a rebuild you should have a younger GM, thats the real issue... would you love to take a rebuild in his age?

Dorion is 48, Yzerman 55, Kekalainen 54, Gorton 52... they are all 10-20 years younger who takes the rebuild with their team..

   

 

This doesn't make sense. What does him being older than some GM's have to do with whether we rebuild or not? He's impatient to try to win a cup? I'm pretty sure we're not winning anything soon regardless if we rebuild or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you want at the end of your career start a rebuild where you know that you aren't there anymore when the team starts to have success? especially after you were so shortly before the cup a couple years ago... I understand him, that he wants the retool and not the rebuild at his age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

you want at the end of your career start a rebuild where you know that you aren't there anymore when the team starts to have success? especially after you were so shortly before the cup a couple years ago... I understand him, that he wants the retool and not the rebuild at his age.

Again, it age has nothing to do with it. What is he going to be the gm until his deathbed? Plenty of gms don't get to see the team they've assembled because they got fired. Brian Burke is one example. Everyone still recognized they were the ones who built the team. 

Now pressure from management might force him to make moves even he might not like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Again, it age has nothing to do with it. What is he going to be the gm until his deathbed? Plenty of gms don't get to see the team they've assembled because they got fired. Brian Burke is one example. Everyone still recognized they were the ones who built the team. 

Now pressure from management might force him to make moves even he might not like. 

Stevie Y is another good example! I mean...he basically completely built that 2020 cup winning bolts...i mean, he was so important for that he should have gotten a ring haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After having watched almost every game this season, I would say the coaching staff isn't developing the young guys at NHL level. They are getting worse. Period.

This team will become a loosing mentality club like Buffalo for a long period if something isn't changed during the summer break.

Looking at the PowerPlay, the statistics says it all. Dead last and it really looks like they don't have any, not any idea of what to do. They play better 5-5, thats for sure.

This team needs new coaches, a few new fresh strong players that can go to the net. Thats a start.

🤔

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duckeer said:

After having watched almost every game this season, I would say the coaching staff isn't developing the young guys at NHL level. They are getting worse. Period.

This team will become a loosing mentality club like Buffalo for a long period if something isn't changed during the summer break.

Looking at the PowerPlay, the statistics says it all. Dead last and it really looks like they don't have any, not any idea of what to do. They play better 5-5, thats for sure.

This team needs new coaches, a few new fresh strong players that can go to the net. Thats a start.

🤔

 

Completely agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Duckeer said:

After having watched almost every game this season, I would say the coaching staff isn't developing the young guys at NHL level. They are getting worse. Period.

This team will become a loosing mentality club like Buffalo for a long period if something isn't changed during the summer break.

Looking at the PowerPlay, the statistics says it all. Dead last and it really looks like they don't have any, not any idea of what to do. They play better 5-5, thats for sure.

This team needs new coaches, a few new fresh strong players that can go to the net. Thats a start.

🤔

 

It seems like the powerplay hasn't changed since the start of the season. Actually since about 3 seasons ago. They spend half of their time rimming passes around the boards. The only thing that changes is the personnel. Maybe they should actually try something different since the status quo isn't working.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Daniel Sprong snipe a top corner goal tonight.  It was Washington's only goal in their 1-0 win over the Islanders that moved them into first place.  I remember Sprong scoring 2 goals in his first game as a Duck back in Dec. 2018 because I was at the game.

Sprong now has 10 goals and 7 assists and is +10 in 36 games this season.  That would rank him 3rd in goal scoring and 1st in goals per game for the Ducks, and he is only 24 years old.  

GMBM traded Sprong for Christian Djoos at last year's trade deadline, when he should have spent his time trading one of the Ducks' veterans for picks and or prospects.  Of course he then lost Djoos on the waiver wire to Detroit, so he essentially traded away a young, good scoring winger for nothing.

I remember the rap on Sprong was that he "wasn't responsible defensively."  If every single player on the roster is required to be solid defensively, it's no wonder the Ducks have the worst offense in the league and are boring as hell to watch.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

I saw Daniel Sprong snipe a top corner goal tonight.  It was Washington's only goal in their 1-0 win over the Islanders that moved them into first place.  I remember Sprong scoring 2 goals in his first game as a Duck back in Dec. 2018 because I was at the game.

Sprong now has 10 goals and 7 assists and is +10 in 36 games this season.  That would rank him 3rd in goal scoring and 1st in goals per game for the Ducks, and he is only 24 years old.  

GMBM traded Sprong for Christian Djoos at last year's trade deadline, when he should have spent his time trading one of the Ducks' veterans for picks and or prospects.  Of course he then lost Djoos on the waiver wire to Detroit, so he essentially traded away a young, good scoring winger for nothing.

I remember the rap on Sprong was that he "wasn't responsible defensively."  If every single player on the roster is required to be solid defensively, it's no wonder the Ducks have the worst offense in the league and are boring as hell to watch.

 

For a team starving for goals having Sprong would be nice, even if he can't play defense to save his life. 
There's something serioulsy wrong in Anaheim. Look at the indivudual stats. That's abysmal stuff. Meanwhile you have Perry performing way better than ever was expected in Anaheim. Same for Ritchie. Okay they play on better teams but every single guy on this team is reaching career lows. Even Hakanpaa has 2 goals already in Carolina. I don't think he scored for us. 

Would I love to have Boudreau back. Sure we might lose a game 7 but we'd at least be in The Playoffs and we'd be fun to watch.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob Hartley won Gagarin cup in KHL. He is the second coach in history to win both Stanley Cup and Gagarin Cup, after Mike Keenan. I wonder what are these good coaches doing in KHL while some minor league coach running our NHL team?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like they need a mentor to come in and help at practices.

This brings Selanne, Niedermeyer (Scott-not Rob), Guy, Pronger, and almost any others of the cup winning team.

They need help, the sooner the better. I hope the next Captain will step up a little more and help the guys. It's almost disheartening being a Ducks fan.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 10:15 PM, CAsFirstCup said:

Sprong now has 10 goals and 7 assists and is +10 in 36 games this season.  That would rank him 3rd in goal scoring and 1st in goals per game for the Ducks, and he is only 24 years old.  

 

So if he has 10 goals on a good team, he'd have 5 or 6 here, so somewhere around Steel.  He also had 1 goal in 8 games last year vs. a Heinen with 3 in 9 games.  We have those guys already.

We traded for Djoos because we needed D that wasn't injured.  He scored as many goals as Sprong.

We also complained about how getting Sprong was a lousy choice, and how bad GMBM was bad for getting him.

We really need to be more consistent in our complaints,  and also in our stat comparisons on other teams.  We really romanticize former players as if they are out there creating goals like McDavid and not simply being okay players who are benefitting from a good situation.  

Sprong would be just another middler here, like he was during his time here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Administrator said:

It's like they need a mentor to come in and help at practices.

This brings Selanne, Niedermeyer (Scott-not Rob), Guy, Pronger, and almost any others of the cup winning team.

They need help, the sooner the better. I hope the next Captain will step up a little more and help the guys. It's almost disheartening being a Ducks fan.

Do you really think Getzlaf isn't doing this?  Frankly, I thin the guy deserves a medal for putting up with this mess as graciously as he has the last three seasons.  From everything I've seen, he appears to be involved and invested in bringing up the new guys.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Do you really think Getzlaf isn't doing this?  Frankly, I thin the guy deserves a medal for putting up with this mess as graciously as he has the last three seasons.  From everything I've seen, he appears to be involved and invested in bringing up the new guys.

I'd imagine if he hadn't won a cup it would be a different story...but I think winning the cup so early in his career he's been able to settle in and if he likes management and the owners and the area...might as well stay. Why not get paid $4-5mil to help this team that is your entire identity and bring up the new guys? I'd imagine the last 3 years he's felt the least amount of pressure.

4 hours ago, gotchabari said:

who are benefitting from a good situation.

that's basically my biggest realization over the years...i think they if anything seeing players do better as they leave is also a sign of just better development and system with other teams. Sprong I don't care about 'cause he was also a problem in pittsburgh, whatever. But other guys. It's painful to see that it could have been just changing how we used them for them to shine. Or how we developed them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I'd imagine if he hadn't won a cup it would be a different story...but I think winning the cup so early in his career he's been able to settle in and if he likes management and the owners and the area...might as well stay. Why not get paid $4-5mil to help this team that is your entire identity and bring up the new guys? I'd imagine the last 3 years he's felt the least amount of pressure.

that's basically my biggest realization over the years...i think they if anything seeing players do better as they leave is also a sign of just better development and system with other teams. Sprong I don't care about 'cause he was also a problem in pittsburgh, whatever. But other guys. It's painful to see that it could have been just changing how we used them for them to shine. Or how we developed them.

I think Getzy has mentioned in many interviews that he's more of an old school kind of guy. I don't think he's going to retire this year. I think he'd want to pass the torch so to speak just as Neidermayer once passed it to him. Like he'd want to leave the organization knowing he contributed to the future and leaves it in good hands. I think that's his intention. So I believe he'll play for another year at least. After that, I think depending on what kind of a year we'll have and if he's enjoying the game he might consider staying longer if we're sniffing the playoffs but if we have another really bad year he's likely considering retiring then. He's not the kind of player who's going to leave the team high and dry for next year to just figure it out. He's a leader and like I said, apart from the new generation of players around the league, he's going to stick around to pass it to the kids to help them moving forward. Guys just don't have that kind of mindset these days with all the trade requests. Getzy isn't like that. He stays for another year at least. After that who ever is our next captain will have something to follow. I don't think Zegras is our captain, at least for now, ridiculous to even consider it I think. He hasn't even played a full season. With time, sure but I just can't see the team giving it to him now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I think Getzy has mentioned in many interviews that he's more of an old school kind of guy. I don't think he's going to retire this year. I think he'd want to pass the torch so to speak just as Neidermayer once passed it to him. Like he'd want to leave the organization knowing he contributed to the future and leaves it in good hands. I think that's his intention. So I believe he'll play for another year at least. After that, I think depending on what kind of a year we'll have and if he's enjoying the game he might consider staying longer if we're sniffing the playoffs but if we have another really bad year he's likely considering retiring then. He's not the kind of player who's going to leave the team high and dry for next year to just figure it out. He's a leader and like I said, apart from the new generation of players around the league, he's going to stick around to pass it to the kids to help them moving forward. Guys just don't have that kind of mindset these days with all the trade requests. Getzy isn't like that. He stays for another year at least. After that who ever is our next captain will have something to follow. I don't think Zegras is our captain, at least for now, ridiculous to even consider it I think. He hasn't even played a full season. With time, sure but I just can't see the team giving it to him now. 

oh yeah, absolutely! completely agree

And I could see Cam or Silfv as the interim captain, if you will, after Getz before someone like Drysdale or Z or......who knows who.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gotchabari said:

So if he has 10 goals on a good team, he'd have 5 or 6 here, so somewhere around Steel.  He also had 1 goal in 8 games last year vs. a Heinen with 3 in 9 games.  We have those guys already.

We traded for Djoos because we needed D that wasn't injured.  He scored as many goals as Sprong.

We also complained about how getting Sprong was a lousy choice, and how bad GMBM was bad for getting him.

We really need to be more consistent in our complaints,  and also in our stat comparisons on other teams.  We really romanticize former players as if they are out there creating goals like McDavid and not simply being okay players who are benefitting from a good situation.  

Sprong would be just another middler here, like he was during his time here.

He scored 14 goals in 47 games on a bad Ducks team 2 seasons ago as a 21 year old, and you write him off over 8 poor games last season.  He has a great shot, has shown he can score goals, and has the potential to be a 25 goal scorer if given the opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it seems like this is the appropriate place to put the link to this well written article.

 

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/05/05/whicker-worst-ducks-team-in-history-waits-for-elevator-to-restart/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belarus said:

Well, it seems like this is the appropriate place to put the link to this well written article.

 

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/05/05/whicker-worst-ducks-team-in-history-waits-for-elevator-to-restart/

Well, nothing new, really, except I didn't know that Ducks are on the way to beat NHL record for worst PP % in history. They author stopped short of stating the most logical move the Ducks organization have to make right after the end of this season - firing GM who generated this mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Belarus said:

Well, it seems like this is the appropriate place to put the link to this well written article.

 

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/05/05/whicker-worst-ducks-team-in-history-waits-for-elevator-to-restart/

Good article.  It's worth emphasizing this quote "Bob Murray, promoted in November of 2008, has held his general manager’s job longer than all but two NHL counterparts GMs (David Poile of Nashville, Doug Wilson of San Jose)."

Murray is now in his 13th year as Ducks GM.  The Rangers' GM, who was doing a much better job with their rebuild than Murray is with the Ducks', got fired this week.  It's amazing that Murray's incompetence continues to be rewarded with such a long tenure as GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Good article.  It's worth emphasizing this quote "Bob Murray, promoted in November of 2008, has held his general manager’s job longer than all but two NHL counterparts GMs (David Poile of Nashville, Doug Wilson of San Jose)."

Murray is now in his 13th year as Ducks GM.  The Rangers' GM, who was doing a much better job with their rebuild than Murray is with the Ducks', got fired this week.  It's amazing that Murray's incompetence continues to be rewarded with such a long tenure as GM.

I saw that.  John Davidson would be a great GM

That's a total fantasy though.  BM is never leaving...  Neither is the coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hoxxey said:

I saw that.  John Davidson would be a great GM

That's a total fantasy though.  BM is never leaving...  Neither is the coaching staff.

The article says alot of where the team is now and where they are going. The PP statistics of this season says it all of this teams offensive play. Its bad. Really bad. And having watched the last game I continue to be amazed of how often the defenders get trapped in their own zone. Amazingly bad plays.

So, for the future of this team, I expect at least we see a new coaching staff before next season and if everything goes well, a new GM aswell. And for Getzlaf, I honestly dont think he will bring anything to the team anymore. He has been an incredible player and Captain for this team during a long time,  and I loved watching him play, but time has caught up with him. It is time to move on for both parts.

We do not want this team to be the next level of loosing-mentality-Buffalo team. No thank you.

Thats it. Looking forward to a fresh! start next season where we start developing the players in offensive and defensive plays.

Positive players this season:

Max Jones

Isac Lundestrom

Sam Carrick

Max Comtois

Players on a good way:

Troy Terry

Simon Benoit

Anthony Stolarz

Edited by Duckeer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Duckeer said:

The article says alot of where the team is now and where they are going. The PP statistics of this season says it all of this teams offensive play. Its bad. Really bad. And having watched the last game I continue to be amazed of how often the defenders get trapped in their own zone. Amazingly bad plays.

So, for the future of this team, I expect at least we see a new coaching staff before next season and if everything goes well, a new GM aswell. And for Getzlaf, I honestly dont think he will bring anything to the team anymore. He has been an incredible player and Captain for this team during a long time,  and I loved watching him play, but time has caught up with him. It is time to move on for both parts.

We do not want this team to be the next level of loosing-mentality-Buffalo team. No thank you.

Thats it. Looking forward to a fresh! start next season where we start developing the players in offensive and defensive plays.

Positive players this season:

Max Jones

Isac Lundestrom

Sam Carrick

Max Comtois

Players on a good way:

Troy Terry

Simon Benoit

Anthony Stolarz

Unfortunately, from the group you listed above, I would only emphasize Comtois and Stolarz. The rest of them will be average or below average players.

The list of who regressed this season: Gibson, Fowler, Silfverberg, Terry, Steel, Larsson, GM Bob Murray, HC Dallas Eakins, PP consultants.. Someone may disagree with me, but it's my personal opinion. based on what I saw this season.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

Unfortunately, from the group you listed above, I would only emphasize Comtois and Stolarz. The rest of them will be average or below average players.

The list of who regressed this season: Gibson, Fowler, Silfverberg, Terry, Steel, Larsson, GM Bob Murray, HC Dallas Eakins, PP consultants.. Someone may disagree with me, but it's my personal opinion. based on what I saw this season.

You're blind. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that other teams have already made coaching moves tells me that we are destined to see Murray and Eakins around for another season.  I would take Torts in a heartbeat.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

The fact that other teams have already made coaching moves tells me that we are destined to see Murray and Eakins around for another season.  I would take Torts in a heartbeat.   

Yeah, I'm torn on Torts as I'm not sure how much the youngings would be into him...I do like him though.

But also, yeah, I was kinda hoping to immediately see the assistants gone today... at least lol and while no move right now doens't mean anything, I do think you're right that we are seeing Eakins next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DT2008 said:

The fact that other teams have already made coaching moves tells me that we are destined to see Murray and Eakins around for another season.  I would take Torts in a heartbeat.   

Torts’ contract expired. They didn’t actually make a move. They essentially did nothing and Torts walked away. We’ve all known for months Torts was a lame duck coach and wasn’t going to renew his contract in Columbus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Torts was a lame duck coach

Sounds like the perfect kind of coach for our team! .... :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dukitup said:

You're blind. 

Dude,

The team beat NHL record for worst PP in modern history: barely over 9%, scored 11 goals and allowed 5. Worse goals differential in the league, shaky goaltending, bad soft defense and non-existent offence. This is ground zero, and you are right: somebody here is really blind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...