The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
WolfgangDuck

33Silf

Hip surgery and out 4-6 months.  Torn labrum and bone problem in his right hip.  He hasn't looked like himself all year....now we know why.

Where the hell was the medical staff?  If this has been bothering him for 2 years, why wasn’t he operated on during the shutdown last year?  Does this mean he has to be protected or can he be exposed to the draft?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DT2008 said:

Where the hell was the medical staff?  If this has been bothering him for 2 years, why wasn’t he operated on during the shutdown last year?  Does this mean he has to be protected or can he be exposed to the draft?

The entire organization needs a deep cleansing at this point. On the surface his story seems eerily similar to Kesler's. I really hope it ends there and they didn't just spend the last two years pumping Silf full of painkillers to the point of illness like Kesler said he experienced here. 

• Like 1

Heard he is out of the season...Big BLOW to our Ducks Moral and our all of us in General...Hopefully with time he can recover well.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Heard he is out of the season...Big BLOW to our Ducks Moral and our all of us in General...Hopefully with time he can recover well.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Better to deal with this now when the team has zero chance at the playoffs instead of in the middle  of a playoff series. 

• Like 1

I first thought maybe we can expose him to Seattle and so Seattle would take the risk. but if I look at our roster who we will expose: Heinen, Volkov, Milano.... Milano had a injury season and the other two would not be a big loss I think.

I believe more and more that Seattle not will take a forward from us... it will be more likely one of the defenders Shatt, Fleury, Larsson, Wellinski, Mahura or goaltender Stolarz. Larsson would be nice... if he not turns to another Theodore:X

5 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Better to deal with this now when the team has zero chance at the playoffs instead of in the middle  of a playoff series. 

Just take solace Ducks are not in the Playoff hunt...They have too many weakness that ailes them. They are in NO condition to be in Playoffs. Cause IF they are it would make the First Round Loss to San Jose few years ago...Look like Turkey Shoot.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

i wish i knew more about other teams' histories, but it seems like the Ducks have a particularly poor record when it comes to hip injuries and concussion recoveries, but also just player games worth of injuries throughout the season.  it HAS to be related to the Ducks' training regimen, facilities, healthcare staff, or pharmaceutical protocols.  some of it is going to be related to how old our veterans are, and perhaps how little depth we have, but still.  i hear about other teams with forwards and D-men that are out longer than ours, regularly.  

the only position where we seem to do about average is goalie up time... but, to be absolutely fair, i'm mainly thinking about this season, and pretty much every team has been overworking their goalies in this compressed schedule (which is stupid).

does anyone know what Miller's status is?